ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

shaun166

ok guys how to use this omg? i uploaded all the files and imported the product. but i have no idea how to use you can say me noob.. but i willing to learn and guide??

nexia

actually shaun, this is only a release for the guys who use it already, i'm not supporting new installs... the product is already self-explanatory when you're used to hack your board, you just set the settings and your forums... if you are not on that level, maybe you are in the wrong place... LOL

b33znutz

i for the life of me cant get it to work with 3.7.4 or 3.8.x.. and i used it on pre 3.7 .. so , do i get any help?

Grinderhand

1. Upload all the files from the original release, then upload the just-posted update and overwrite the original files with the new ones.

2. Import the UPDATED product XML.

3. Go here to get a Yahoo API ID:

Yahoo API Developer Registration

4. AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> ICO-Content -> Enter the key you received in the above step along with setting other options to your preference.

5. AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit the ICO-Content settings & tags for each forum to which you want the product to add content.

That should get you there.

nexia

b33znutz said:
i for the life of me cant get it to work with 3.7.4 or 3.8.x.. and i used it on pre 3.7 .. so , do i get any help?

you really have a problem with your forum, because the last test i made yesterday were on a clean install of 3.8.0... if you can't get it to work, 100% chances your settings are wrong or your server refuse the connections... not on my side.

nexia

Grinderhand said:
1. Upload all the files from the original release, then upload the just-posted update and overwrite the original files with the new ones.

Follow these steps, BUT not the first part... do not upload the original files from the official release, they are bugged out.

b33znutz

nexia said:
you really have a problem with your forum, because the last test i made yesterday were on a clean install of 3.8.0... if you can't get it to work, 100% chances your settings are wrong or your server refuse the connections... not on my side.

fair enough.. and i am attempting to work it out..

but, isnt that the most universal answer for "i have no idea.." ?? hehe

b33znutz

ok, well, got it installed. installed fine after i figured out my issues..now, it works, but i get nothing imported.. now, im no n00b, but, i assume there is nothing being imported because there is nothing to import at that moment. so i will wait and see. but, i thought it would pretty much always have something to grab...

nexia

Ok, got an update for some bugs... is just file change, so no need to import the product again...

... there was no bug actually, i just re-wrote some queries in case of missing information from yahoo.

here is the latest version.. i deleted the other versions i had in the thread so you have only the latest in my own latest post... :)

(this one contain the screenshot, in case!)

nexia

Ok, a major breakthru... lol... SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

i edited the entire script to be faster... there is no more lag on forum browsing, and the calculation is more logical.

1- before, the system was adding a stupid srand(*) before posting, slowing the engine for no reason... i never saw it, but the one who put that out is a complete moron.

2- IF there is no more question/thread to post, the engine will post a new answer... before, it was randomizing the question or answer...

so you upload all the files again AND re-import the product...

Grinderhand

One thing I did notice with the previous version was that occasionally it would import a user without a corresponding post. Thanks for your hard work on this.

nexia

actually this is due to the inconsistance in the script logic... IF i get to work in a real version with the actual Yahoo API, (ok, imean i would have a paid contract to do so), it would work exactly as Yahoo planned to make the API work, not the way this crap is doing...

candomike

Long time No see My friend (I know who you really are, always have lol), I have been out of the loop after another heart attack. I had this going since the begining with you but like I said I am playing catch up again. Was wondering if I still have to use the rss poster from the old 3.6 series. I had this working last night with your other update but it bogged down the server to a crawl then crash. I have a ton of forums and it was so slow I had to reboot my server. with this update it's not doing anything at all yet. But last night it worked immediately. Hope all is well with you ! Any advice? oh I'm using 3.8....

nexia

Hey, hi cardiac friend...

actually this version have its own old version of the rss poster because i did not get a moment to check it out...

btw, these are just updates, not upgrade. i'm not going to go farther more into developing this version, as now i'm scanning the new Yahoo API structure and controls... anyway, this "patch" work, faster than the final release, and that's the goal here. nothing more.

btw, as said, i'm not working on vBulletin anymore.. had legal problems with a moron last month, lost 5000$ in lawyers just for a justice master in UK, and so i do not care to work on the market anymore until i have a solid contract somewhere... KWIM

candomike

Good to hear you haven't lost your sense of humor lol I hate lawyers, don't get me started on lawyers it gives me angina just hearing the word ;) Hey I got a program if you can fix that will make your day. it hasn't been supported in over 2 years. I have the original code and it's a fantastic script but the guy never updated it nor supports it anymore and it was one hell of a good script, lot's of people bought it and now since he fell off of the face of the earth it's just about useless. you'd be able to fix it easily. I'll PM you my email so I can send it to you. It was my most used script ever.

Grinderhand

Maybe I f'ed up by doing an overwrite when I imported the product, but this version seems to be completely broken. Says it is doing it's thing, but no results at all - no users, no posts.