ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

nexia

PROJECT UPDATE:

this afternoon i took a first look at the code and was able to upgrade it properly so it work on vb 3.7.x ... right now, the script work as written, but there is a lack of good code structure, SO i will take the next hours to rewrite it completely and add some features/settings.

once i'm done, i'll provide you with that new version... i suppose it will be in less than 2 days.

if you have requests of settings/features, it's time to voice yourself!

nexia

OH, and for the stupid vBulletin client who read this and think reporting this thread and my posts will help avoiding piracy, you really need a life. I am the co-author of this product, i'm not hacking it, i'm not nullifying it, i work WITH hackers here to make my stuff better. it is MY decision, there is nothing illegal here.

go to microsoft.com if you need to track pirates!

nexia

the developer id is a ID from yahoo that you need to generate for your forum url, because yahoo will not send any output to you if your site is not authentified by the yahoo api...

yahoo api server verify your site url when you call it for data. if you have that "developer id", no trouble...

anyway, this is not a piracy-verificator, just a filter to avoid being DDOSed too much...

you can have as much developer id's as needed, one per url you have ico-content installed.

the reason why this script require a ID is that the yahoo API is built for developers of scripts, and ico-content is the only on-site solution that is not hosted by a company... usually, only the "remotely hosted" service company have to use a dev id, so their installation work from a single location, and you, the client, have to grab the information from that host .. an example is : vBTEAM Underground - Free vBulletin Hacks, Skins and Support ... they have poor service though, because you pay for posts, so it can be heavy... with ico-content, you can have 8000+ new posts per day if you configure it properly... jetconvo will cost you 250$ for the same amount of posts... anyway, competition is stupid on this world.

candomike

ICo-Content was bought out by Catnine.com and the guy had a major heart attack and nothing has been done with the software. No updates Nadda. I got this working through 3.7.3 but the format changed and you get questions answers one by one. Unlike before where the question was asked and all the answers would be under that same topic. So the structure needs to be modified.
Also I have over a 100 forums and it is really REALLY server intensive to the point that it's even slow for me to get on. That's a major issue with this. if you run just a few forums no biggy but this product is again Very Server Intensive.
I even had one irate yahoo answer user demand that all her posts be taken off and accused me of being a thief. She did not nderstand when I tried to explain the TOS and the API with Yahoo.

Please let me know when you get this fixed as i really like it.

nexia

@candomike... you have the exact same comment about the system that i had when i tookover the system -- and hambil had more than a heart-attack i can tell ;(

the pushing system that hambil created is not only obsolete but illogical...

i'm refining the system with the newest API from Yahoo... the logic will be beyond the actual structure because it was server-intense... it is not anymore. instead of using the 5000 queries per day to track messages, we are using 2500 queries to track Questions, and 2500 queries to list all the answers from the 2500 questions... because Yahoo changed the structure of their API, we can now have that much messages per day... (with 2500 questions having 50 answers, you get 125 000 posts per day in the best situation... but hey, impossible to have) it is impossible to start 2500 queries on vBulletin per day, but we try.. :) overriding one or two settings in vBulletin to make it happen.

the development is slower than planned because i decided to step literally in the new Yahoo API instead of updating the old script.

with the new version -- which is now called "Nex_Answers", you can grab the entire content of each question on answers.yahoo.com ...you will also have in your vBulletin some features from answers.yahoo.com that are not yet in vBulletin:

-best answer tag by thread author
-rating of answers by posters/readers
-points per answer, best answer, etc, based on your points system
-new rank based on X best answers, best questions etc

.. these features are to work in conjunction with the actual Answers.yahoo.com, as the questions/answers grabbed from yahoo already have these infos, we can versatilly put them on the site as well...

DON

nexia said:
@candomike... you have the exact same comment about the system that i had when i tookover the system -- and hambil had more than a heart-attack i can tell ;(

the pushing system that hambil created is not only obsolete but illogical...

i'm refining the system with the newest API from Yahoo... the logic will be beyond the actual structure because it was server-intense... it is not anymore. instead of using the 5000 queries per day to track messages, we are using 2500 queries to track Questions, and 2500 queries to list all the answers from the 2500 questions... because Yahoo changed the structure of their API, we can now have that much messages per day... (with 2500 questions having 50 answers, you get 125 000 posts per day in the best situation... but hey, impossible to have) it is impossible to start 2500 queries on vBulletin per day, but we try.. :) overriding one or two settings in vBulletin to make it happen.

the development is slower than planned because i decided to step literally in the new Yahoo API instead of updating the old script.

with the new version -- which is now called "Nex_Answers", you can grab the entire content of each question on answers.yahoo.com ...you will also have in your vBulletin some features from answers.yahoo.com that are not yet in vBulletin:

-best answer tag by thread author
-rating of answers by posters/readers
-points per answer, best answer, etc, based on your points system
-new rank based on X best answers, best questions etc

.. these features are to work in conjunction with the actual Answers.yahoo.com, as the questions/answers grabbed from yahoo already have these infos, we can versatilly put them on the site as well...
how far is the progress Nexia? and will you have a beta demo at anytime?

Also, if you need testers for the script. Let me know, as I'm up for it :)

candomike

Well my friends i am excited that we have proactive forward thinkers that know what the script needs and more importantly, the inclination and the will come through with the promised product. I don't give out compliments easily, I know you guys will come through. I'm looking forward to using it with all the bells and whistles. I'll even buy it, if I have to as believe in the concept immensley. It can'be soon enough..........

nexia

icomotion sold their entire project to catnine.com 2 years ago, and catnine is now mine... all trashed out.

my service was slowed down in the last weeks due to the Canadian Elections.. i was working there, so i had not too much time working on Ico-content.

the latest upgrade of "ico-content" itself is to be provided for free here, but it's just a fix for your actual installations... i'm working on a complete new engine for the next weeks that is answering more needs... is based on the new Yahoo API...

i'll try to provide it to you in the next days, i'm just finishing my new site -- where we will have a private place for personal hackers who are interested to test our products... ;)

DON

are you the same nexia on vborg and vbcom?

I remember seeing a Nexia dude, who had a forum and it had a few projects running.. including Hambil's stuff?

nexia

Would be hard to hide...

i'm the same, why would it be different ?! did you see a lot of guys using that kind of username lately ?! and at my age and serenety, i'm far from the regular "dude" actually... more the ancestral guy!

nexia

Ico-Content vBulletin 1.5.2 Replacement Version:

If you have installed Ico-Content, please delete all the files in your actual installation before uploading the new, as there are some deprecated files now.

This version is tested on vBulletin 3.6 to 3.8

You do not need to enter your license number anymore, as there is no more license... but the engine work the exact same way as before, i will provide a new documentation soon.

A little note:

You have to overwrite the files, because the files structure changed. there was only 2 additional files that are now obsolete. no problem if you do not delete them, they are just not used anymore.

You also have to re-IMPORT the product, NOT uninstall... you can keep the exact same configs as before...

---------------

a -fixo file was added, for the ones having a problem with a status not changing...

nexia said:
Would be hard to hide...

i'm the same, why would it be different ?! did you see a lot of guys using that kind of username lately ?! and at my age and serenety, i'm far from the regular "dude" actually... more the ancestral guy!

Many use a different alias here from vb.org to keep their licenses from being suspended. :)

nexia said:
Ico-Content vBulletin 1.5.2 Replacement Version:

If you have installed Ico-Content, please delete all the files in your actual installation before uploading the new, as there are some deprecated files now.

This version is tested on vBulletin 3.6 to 3.8

You do not need to enter your license number anymore, as there is no more license... but the engine work the exact same way as before, i will provide a new documentation soon.

A little note:

You have to overwrite the files, because the files structure changed. there was only 2 additional files that are now obsolete. no problem if you do not delete them, they are just not used anymore.

You also have to re-IMPORT the product, NOT uninstall... you can keep the exact same configs as before...

Thanks for posting this "fix". :)

nexia

psilocybin said:
Many use a different alias here from vb.org to keep their licenses from being suspended. :)
Yeah, but the difference between these guys and me is that i'm not uploading or downloading anything on this site that i do not own already, so my license can not be suspended... i know about all the guys here that have a different username, but we recognize most of them when we read their posts here.. :)

anyway, feel free to complaint if my fix is not good, i tested in 3 different production sites, and it's working without a flaw... but it's the old code, so yes, the queries are high and it use the old logic...

Chaosis

Okay, so I uploaded the new files, and then uninstalled the old ico-content product and imported the new one. (Yes, I know you said you don't have to uninstall it, but I did since I want a clean install) I ran the task, and I see that the questions are being put in the queue, but they aren't being posted...how long did you specify the post time, or is this a bug that needs fixing?

nexia

@Chaos, the engine work with the cron job of vBulletin, it is posting the new threads and answers in pulses, each time a page is loaded on your site... so no, they do not display straight away...

@bulletin... you did not read my post, didn't you?

ok, someone reported me a strange bug on vb.org, so i added a -fixo file if you encounter a bug with the original file... do not upload packs for no reasons, they are the same... it's more like a test.

fun4uoc

Nexia, I've read that Yahoo Answers made some major changes today and that no Yahoo Answers programs are working right now. Have you been affected by this?