ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

candomike

It works on 3.74, I had it working all the way to 3.8r2. It should work for you, it did for me on 3.7 but on 3.8 with the new fixes, it's just posting questions....You won't or shouldn't have any problems. It's more or less Nexia's baby now so we gotta count on him...

X8Nedo

Nexia, thanks for the updates, nut i cant see any downloads to your upgrades. Howcome??

EDIT: Never mind didnt look very well, i am so glad this is back. I used it for long time and found it again. Can i make donation to you nexia??

nexia

no donations, no update either, i'm not working on this script anymore... the problems related to new questions without answers have nothing to do with the engine, it is related to each specific installations. it is working on productions sites that have more than 2000 new answers per day, it's not working on some... i can't help it.

it is working on vb 3.8.0 if someone ask... but if you have some periods without new answers, don't blame the script.

stressederic

This is just a quick post to say THANK YOU to Nexia for getting this baby to walk again...

Wow, terrific job :)

I am over the moon!

Peace,
StressedEric

PS I was joking about the kisses. But you can have a man-hug...

b33znutz

Caveman

Hey guys,

One thing I've noticed is that if I let the vb cron run on auto, I don't get any answers. If I run the cron manually via the "run now" button, I get both questions and answers.

Can someone verify this. Also, what should the settings be in the ico content page of vbulletin options. The only change I've made there is to lower the new threads to answers setting hoping to get more answers posted.

candomike

I think or know most of the people are not getting answers at all. THAT is the problem. Somehow with all the updates and rewrites, the current script does not pull in answers at all, like it's supposed to or used to anyways. I had this running perfect till I kept up with all the updates and rewrites. Now I am stuck with just getting questions. It has been rewritten and instructions are somewhat confusing and if you started from the begining to the current version, you'll be in the same boat as most of us, just questions being pu;lled. Even if you look at your answers in your MYsql you will see the guestions que is fine and dandy but the ansers que is completely empty. Even the answers que does not have any tables. thats where the problem is. The cron is non exitant for pulling in answers to go with the questions. If anyone followed all of the updates which was confusing, they lost the MySql tables along with the correct cron. I have about 20 versions of this and somehow it worked great and now it does not. Which is sad because I have followed exactly what was posted. I sure wish I could get this going again......Nexia has an Apostle, which is great Noy an Evangelist. I can tell Nexia hasn't been to church in a while lol. Nexia is about one of the best coders out there and has a reputation for those of us that know who he really is. he's a great guy and is gonna go paces in life. I'd just like him to put out a HEY this works NO if's and But's script like he used to. I love this script and he is gonna make a new version with a different API, I know which one but I want this to work NOW....I miss it not working grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nexia

ok, too much flowers is like no flowers at all, you know that...

btw, i'll check this code in the end of the week, as i have to start a new site and have to make it filled with like 5000 new posts... it's another clean install of vB and this tool, so if i see problems, i will be able to fix on the fly, which i was unable to do on the other site because it was working without a problem, compared to your own site...

i think i have a guess btw... Caveman said it was posting ok when hand-started.. THAT is a good debug... i'll check this, it may just be something related to login/session tracking in the new API!

oh, btw, did you update your DevID on the Yahoo API ?!.. because they changed it too... need login, no login... check that !!!

candomike

Nexia: I'm a Disabled veteran and my other Passion is my garden, so to many flowers is a great thing.
I just did a manual run and quess what ? I got Answers to the questions. which is good but now it's back to its usual auto cron and No answers. Hope all is well and you can fix it, I think it has to be the auto cron. Looks like the speed and everything else is smooth as a babys butt except that one thing.
as per your DevID idea: I've always used the same ID number and if I can get the questions but not the answers it's setup right expecially when I ran the manual cron and got both questions and answers. I thought of that as being a problem before but if I can mually run it correctly, then logically that can't be the problemo. The auto run cron must be off for the answers....But what do I know lol Buy the Log in should be off anyways otherwise you would only get it to work by logging in each and everytime the cron was run, I think but it definetly is islated as the problem now, which is a good thing.....

nexia

ok, you got it the same way Caveman did, so it's just a detail i'll have to fix... i take a look at the script this evening, so tomorrow i suppose i'll have all the answers... it's usually a question of missing comma.. lol

b33znutz

Chaosis said:
Is this just a repost of Nexia's latest version? Or is this a new version?

(The version Nexia posted here: http://www.vbteam.info/57629-post116.html)

This is just a repost(with mirrors) of the latest version by nexia..
ALL nexia releases will be released by nexia and nexia alone! I just go behind him and make mirrors and find logos and shite..... i like nex and the work he is doing with ico and this is my way of contributing to the cause! if he didnt already have vbteam and his own site, i would even offer him a new permanent home just to help him with this project.... winkwink,nudgenudge..

nexia

actually b33znutz, offering a home for someone who is just working great is not a good thing...errant people is sometime a good thing.. lol

i did not fix the whole thing yet, the "no answers when auto-cron" thing is f*cking up the tests... btw i even speeded up the process even more... lol

candomike

You might even start getting marriage proposals now lmao
This made my day Freaking Day......A Comma, a *&(&% Comma
,,,,,,,,,,,, Out of all the commas in the world, in all the comma corners of the world,,,, this comma has to walk into my life and make me take meds......lol

nexia

no marriage proposals please, guys... my wife would not be happy...

btw, i have no idea why it's not working... i've made tests of all kinds, i will continue. i compared with older versions of the code, but i changed so much things from the original that it's mostly impossible to check...

nexia

ok, i've checked the bug, can't find a solution, i may just create a diversion for the cron to think we're making it by-hand... that would fix grabbing answers.... this will be the end of that i think.

next step, taking a rest of ico-content, and writing the white-paper for Nex-Answers engine.... ico-content was written in a strange logic, and the code was... hum... ok, i do not want to insult anybody... ROFL

i'll use PURE-YAHOO-API now, creating a process to also check questions with no answers -- because actually when a question have no answer, it is stuck in translation. i'll also make it so it's more fluid, more organic. the engine will grab the questions/answers per forum instead of a global setting, and it will be possible to set how fluid each forum will be, so some "popular" forums would have more posts made per day, etc. these settings will not be numbers, they will be feelings: forgotten, normal, popular, frenzy...

the new engine will not store all the data all the time, so your database will not be spoiled with too much content. each time a question/answer is posted, the ID is stored, and the original data is deleted.

Also, instead of checking per username, the engine will check userID for the posters... i found this week that Yahoo users can change their usernames on the fly, on YIM, and that have an echoe on ico-content, as it create a new user each time it hit a new username. so, "Carla Is Happy" was different from "Carla Is Unhappy Now" ... even if we knew it was the same person posting different questions...

Also, what i plan is to enable direct login from Yahoo users... i had that request lately, someone from Yahoo asked if he could login on my demo board with his Yahoo account because he wanted to participate on the forum with his stored questions in bank... This is possible, we have another API for that, like Facebook permit it. anyway, this is far from tomorrow.

That new engine will be 90% outside vBulletin, because i want it to plug into a new engine soon, instead of having to rewrite a complete new engine each time -- remembers me the old time!... vBulletin, like IPB or phpBB will be able to create a bridge between my engine and their cron system. This is why the engine will take long to write and test. The logic is already there, i've been writing a lot in the last months, but as i have a life, it is in backup.. lol