Need Help My website Has Been Reported

Spinifex

I seriously dont understand why people shit themselves from just an email always from spinks dude. its always him only (well mostly) and has anybody ever heard of anybody actually being sued for the intellectual property rights / infringement?

i certainly havnt to date!!
they put pressure on your hoster to try and worry them to shut you down using some big words and stupid sentences that dont really make any sense.

they never say what theyll do if you dont comply and also what do they do if the email addresses they email never get read and or totally ignored? then what they gonna do?

one big ripoff joke vbulletin is and way over priced and they catch you in the pocket.. youd think an owned license would give you lifetime hacks and updates since you paid 100 pounds for the shit! but no.. they want £15-£20 (inc VAT) after that lol

im glad people do rip them off seriously.. if everybody did it then they cant do shit :)

keep piracy alive.. would you go out and buy the cd you just downloaded because youve been caught downloading it? no.

Spinifex.

quickening

I don't agree at all... I'm very much 'old skool' when it comes to warez.

I will download til my heart is content, but if I like the software and use it, I will buy it to support the developer. Piracy was never meant to be a permant solution... It is, and always has been, a 'try before you buy' solution. If no one ever bought the software (scripts / appz / whatever) then there'd be no piracy anyway since the supply wouldn't be there. I personally have over £1000 worth of products that I supply to nulling groups and software crackers because I feel indebted to those communities who've helped me access software that I wouldn't have access to without them. And, they've saved me money as well... If I had to buy everything before I had a chance to realise I didn't like it, I'd be broken and destitute.

In my opinion, vB isn't overpriced as it is the industry standard and by far the most extensible and powerful forum packages out there. £100 is £100 well spent to get the support that vb.com gives, and the £20 updates are reasonable as well... Look at windows... You pay £150 for XP and you get free security updates but you have to pay another £150 for Vista. vB, the people who paid £100 back at v1.0 could get v3.7 for 20 quid.

I have 3 vB licenses simply because it is great software and the idea of my £300 contributing to the development of more and better features for the future is something I don't have a problem with.

ON TOPIC
The DMCA letter depends on where your hosted... If you are in the States, comply and comply quickly. The UK, you may wanna consider complying... The EU, (depending on the host) you can probably ignore it. Off-shore, you could send an email back telling him where he can shove the DMCA letter.

If you're worried about it, move hosting to a more 'friendly' environment or buy vB... Those are your only 2 options if you are in an 'unfriendly' hosting environment.

sharaq

sabian said:
I don't agree at all... I'm very much 'old skool' when it comes to warez.

I will download til my heart is content, but if I like the software and use it, I will buy it to support the developer. Piracy was never meant to be a permant solution... It is, and always has been, a 'try before you buy' solution. If no one ever bought the software (scripts / appz / whatever) then there'd be no piracy anyway since the supply wouldn't be there. I personally have over £1000 worth of products that I supply to nulling groups and software crackers because I feel indebted to those communities who've helped me access software that I wouldn't have access to without them. And, they've saved me money as well... If I had to buy everything before I had a chance to realise I didn't like it, I'd be broken and destitute.

In my opinion, vB isn't overpriced as it is the industry standard and by far the most extensible and powerful forum packages out there. £100 is £100 well spent to get the support that vb.com gives, and the £20 updates are reasonable as well... Look at windows... You pay £150 for XP and you get free security updates but you have to pay another £150 for Vista. vB, the people who paid £100 back at v1.0 could get v3.7 for 20 quid.

I have 3 vB licenses simply because it is great software and the idea of my £300 contributing to the development of more and better features for the future is something I don't have a problem with.

I totally agree with u....... we need to support those coders who made these outstanding softwares..............

quickening

Just to add... The try before you buy ethos can also be a bit of a curse too... For instance, I love vBSEO but the one board I would install it on doesn't generate any money so spending an additional $145 for, essentially, a hack I can't justify.

If they brought their license down to $50 I would be the first to buy it, but as it is now... I've seen the great things that it can do thanks to nulled versions, but I can't afford to buy it so I don't use it but wish I did! :(

KrazyFire

i didnt have vb first but i used DGT nulls but since i bought it i give the community back by giving them hacks,styles etc when the others helped me before i bought mine i urge guys try it before u buy it use it for all the games i have aswell but if i didnt like the game i just delete it :)

ryu

spinifex said:
I seriously dont understand why people shit themselves from just an email always from spinks dude. its always him only (well mostly) and has anybody ever heard of anybody actually being sued for the intellectual property rights / infringement?

i certainly havnt to date!!
they put pressure on your hoster to try and worry them to shut you down using some big words and stupid sentences that dont really make any sense.

they never say what theyll do if you dont comply and also what do they do if the email addresses they email never get read and or totally ignored? then what they gonna do?

one big ripoff joke vbulletin is and way over priced and they catch you in the pocket.. youd think an owned license would give you lifetime hacks and updates since you paid 100 pounds for the shit! but no.. they want £15-£20 (inc VAT) after that lol

im glad people do rip them off seriously.. if everybody did it then they cant do shit :)

keep piracy alive.. would you go out and buy the cd you just downloaded because youve been caught downloading it? no.

Spinifex.

I agree with you mate $160, then another shit load of fees for updates. It's completely bs. I'm still using my nulled version, btw. Maybe if I decided to change host (offshore currently) then I will more likely purchase a license.

paulareno

Yeah souns like a plan, i would rather stick with vb but i dont have the money to pay for it untill i get a job or something, so what is the closest thing to vb thats free? Also about the piracy everyone i think that it is not fair on the coders that make vb but i think they are asking to much from customers, like come on paying for updates and other stuff.

Also one q.

I'm running my website from my home pc through a web server as I'm the administrator of it could this land me in hotter water then everyone else?

Thanks, Paul

cF.hyp3R said:
Hey Paulareno... There's no way not to get caught... Only thing that could help you is not to spread words about your site too much... What you can do is simply try to stay "alive" until there's some good 3.7.0 converter for phpbb or SMF... Some converters are working already, just not so good... a lot work to do... Just make the backup of your forums every 24 hours and that's it...

I made backup a day before they deleted my site... After that I bought the license and new server ...
www.shammies-haven.org

ryu

paulareno said:
Also one q.

I'm running my website from my home pc through a web server as I'm the administrator of it could this land me in hotter water then everyone else?

Thanks, Paul

I wouldn't take that risk. Get a cheap hosting or something.

Spinifex

paulareno said:
Yeah souns like a plan, i would rather stick with vb but i dont have the money to pay for it untill i get a job or something, so what is the closest thing to vb thats free? Also about the piracy everyone i think that it is not fair on the coders that make vb but i think they are asking to much from customers, like come on paying for updates and other stuff.

Also one q.

Thanks, Paul

check your ISP (Internet Service Provider) terms of service/conditions youll find doing hosting on there is not allowed especially in the UK and some countries including AOL (arseholes on line)

so worst case scenario for you is you get banned and disconnected from your ISP and blacklisted with them. if your ADSL then no problem you can go to who ever but cable owners need to be very careful as you can only fall back on BT landlines. esshh the thought of that at 0.5 meg and a sync rate of between 1 and 5 meg pmsl

Spinifex.

dutchwii

Morpheus said:
Try http://www.mybboard.net/ it's quite similar to vB and i think that coming versions wil be interesting.

Looks close to vb i think, even the acp what i have seen on screen shots.
I guess when you use gysn editted (unbranded) vb 3.6.8 and add copyright of mybb it look good. who does agree with me?

paulareno

OK thanks everyone i guess i'll take my site offline today untill i get everything legal. Switching ISP's isnt a prob for me as i was going to switch in april because Bigpond is sucky and slow.

xenoth

paulareno said:
OK thanks everyone i guess i'll take my site offline today untill i get everything legal. Switching ISP's isnt a prob for me as i was going to switch in april because Bigpond is sucky and slow.

its not so bad its just alot of $ . Go with TPG if you can get the 150 gig plan.

outlaw

I still using the nulled version but they send another msg to delete the website or they will delete it :D i will not delete the site i dun care what they want to do mywebsite will stay online if they delete it i will upload again lool

sharaq

outlaw said:
I still using the nulled version but they send another msg to delete the website or they will delete it :D i will not delete the site i dun care what they want to do mywebsite will stay online if they delete it i will upload again lool

Tats the spirit baby........... !!:D

ryu

outlaw said:

Running your own server?