Need Help My website Has Been Reported

outlaw

Hey All Iam Using Vbulletin 3.7.0 beta 4 i download it from here but some faith people has reported my website i need help i duno what to do i recieved this msg:

>
> DMCA NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
>
> Date: 10 February 2008
>
> Greetings
>
> I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of Jelsoft Enterprises Limited who exclusively own vBulletin, a forum Software.
>
> I can find no record of this user holding a valid current site license for this location
>
> Please suspend/remove the GUI and files and prevent future abuse.
>
> NB: If at your own prerogative you offer your client an opportunity to remove the site themselves or purchase a license as opposed to your removal or suspension of service, please be aware that Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. whilst happy to respect your goodwill gesture, in no way requests or requires such action from you and reserves the right to decline the license purchase and refund the fee. Copyright protection not revenue collection is our primary concern and motivation and some forum content if it damages others or breaks our AUP is not allowed.
>
> Formality:
>
> In accordance with the provisions the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
>
> Please expeditiously "take down" or "block access" to the infringing material and take appropriate action against the customer to prevent future abuse.
>
> Declaration:
>
> I, the undersigned, CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights, said exclusive owners being named:
>
> Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Howarth Lodge, 7 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7LR
>
> I have a good faith belief that the items or materials listed below are not authorized by the above intellectual property owners, their agents, or the law and therefore infringe their rights.
>
> I further aver that the information contained in the Notice is accurate.
>
> Software: vBulletin
>
> I may be contacted at:
>
> Howard G Spinks
> Snr. Investigator
> Pirate Reports
> PO Box 36
> EAST MOLESEY
> Surrey
> KT8 9XT
> ENGLAND
>

>
> International Police Association Life Member Since 1984 >
> Truthfully,
>
> Howard G Spinks
>

>
> This information may be passed to your client who should already be aware of the situation. The sender accepts no responsibility for an end users incorrect registration or failure to do so as the Terms and Conditions of Use are clearly explained as an integral part of the purchase procedure.

wowser

although i may be abit late, i say just change the directory that the domain name links to, that way you can keep all your files and databases and change the domain or purchase a license when u can afford it and the current domain will show up that the files do not exist in that directory.

Morpheus

Do not put your URL here, just backup mysql and files. and wait, if they shut your site down, buy another domain or just buy a license.

outlaw

i make backup for the databse and my sql i will try to backup my files and see what will happen i will not buy a licence

outlaw

can i convert from vb 3.7.0 beta4 to another forums types like phpbb or ipb or phpnuke or other forums if yes can any one help me to convert??

Morpheus

Yes thera are some converters from 3.6.x to SMF or phpbb but i do not know if it works with vB3.7 (but it should).

NB: remove the links from the 1st post

cF.hyp3R

Yea I got reported as well... I just made the backup and am downloading it from my ftp... Gotta switch to phpbb3

outlaw

cF.hyp3R said:
Yea I got reported as well... I just made the backup and am downloading it from my ftp... Gotta switch to phpbb3

hmm can u tell me what u are going to do now coz i think converters may not working on 3.7.0 beta4

ryu

outlaw said:
hmm can u tell me what u are going to do now coz i think converters may not working on 3.7.0 beta4

Buy a license fool, or go offshore. I don't think there is any converter for 3.7.0, your screwed. You should have think about that before installing it in the first place.

cF.hyp3R

First off, do not call people fools since you don't know them... Second of all even if I don't find any converter I ll code one by myself so it's not an issue...

outlaw

cF.hyp3R said:
First off, do not call people fools since you don't know them... Second of all even if I don't find any converter I ll code one by myself so it's not an issue...

man can u help me if u find any converter or if u know any way to convert i installed the phpbb3 but i don't have any thing now my forum is zero no members no threads no posts nothing :s whish from u to help me..
whish from any one who know where can i found phpbb3 products, chatbox, hacks to give me the links by pm.
thank you for all

FoxyFLS

i converted vb3.6.8 to phpbb3 last nite, it went extremely smooth, its not hard at all, just take one step at a time and remember if you can't find out where something is or what it is then.........google's your friend ;)

paulareno

Hey is there anyway to prevent people from being caught? how do they find out if it has been nulled? Also what is a good offshore provider because i have 3.7 and if converters don't work yet i am willing to go offshore.

cF.hyp3R

Hey Paulareno... There's no way not to get caught... Only thing that could help you is not to spread words about your site too much... What you can do is simply try to stay "alive" until there's some good 3.7.0 converter for phpbb or SMF... Some converters are working already, just not so good... a lot work to do... Just make the backup of your forums every 24 hours and that's it...

I made backup a day before they deleted my site... After that I bought the license and new server ...
www.shammies-haven.org