Inferno Shoutbox on 3.7.0 vbulletin

SpeedRazors

Just installed vbulletin 3.7.0 and now the inferno shoutbox and the vbshout give the loading... screen, can't find a way to make it work. Anybody any ideas ?

DEViANT

Sounds like it might not be connecting to the database...either that or the mod is using phrases and functions that are outdated with vBulletin 3.7.0 . You know, like trying to install mods that were ment for vB 3.5.X on a vB 3.6.X forum or vica versa?

SpeedRazors

checked the .xml file and it should be making a table in the database called "infernoshout" but this table isn't in the database

SpeedRazors

also found a strange thing :S it doesn't save the options, when i change the options in my admin it says saving but in reality it doesn't save and when i open it again it is were it was without saving the changes

Daz

posted on vb.com

Thanks for your replies , im not expecting support for the 2 plugins , I was just wanting to know if there was a specific reason why the 2 plugins both using ajax would stop working and if there was maybe an option to turn on some where

and reply

Simple, the [vbulletin] coding of various parts that those add-ons/plugins utilize have been re-written. The re-write would impact their core code [of said add-ons/plugins] and make them basically obsolete till the developer releases an updated version.

Feckie

Rule: 73526348.

Never ever install BETA software on a live board...................

Hands up who did

bigaz

I think if you use the other style (skin) you should revert the style in header include , I just try it , It's work on my site

Feckie

Itsuki Minami said:
o.o strange the inferno shoutbox is still working for me

Have you tried to change any settings

It is todo with the way vbulletin have changed the ajax they use......

ryu

Why would you even bother upgrading to a beta version?
Get a free hosting and do all your testing there first. If everything works,
then you should upgrade your current board.
- Just a little advice.