Windows 7 RTM: July 13th Confirmed

ucenik1

windows-7-boxes.jpg

It’s been reported by neowin.net that July 13 will be the day that Windows 7 is RTM (Released To Manufacturing). This is great news all around for Windows 7 users. This means the code will be finalized and Microsoft will give the green light to it’s manufacturers. They in turn will begin production of the millions of DVDs, that will house the new Microsoft operating system for the public to buy.

Finally in 10 days we will pass the milestone I have been eagerly waiting on. No more beta testing, or release candidates. No more five leaked builds a week. No more bi-hourly shutdowns and expiration dates; it will be the real deal – as long as there are not any major problems or setbacks. But, Microsoft should have had plenty of time to work out all the kinks and bugs. So, I expect them to keep to the schedule.

Which means we are still on track for the GA (General Availability) date of 10-22-09. This is the date where you and I should be able to go your local Best Buy or wherever and buy it off the shelf. That is when we will see how well the public likes Windows 7. Is it gonna fly off the shelves and break records? Who knows. Am I going to buy a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate? I have already pre-ordered it!

I think in the next couple of months we will see a huge increase in Windows 7 news and coverage. The closer we get to Oct.22nd, the more Microsoft will be putting out information and lots of advertising. This is beginning of the end my friends. It is about to be a whirlwind of Windows 7 publicity. I for one can’t wait and am very excited to bring you all the latest Windows 7 news. Thanks goes to you for making this site great. Feel free to comment.

:D:D:D

.v0id

Well, I'm using Windows7 for almost 2 weeks now, and I have to say - it's great! All the things that were wrong with Vista are fixed, and some new things in there. Just feels right.

-Hammad-

.v0id said:
Well, I'm using Windows7 for almost 2 weeks now, and I have to say - it's great! All the things that were wrong with Vista are fixed, and some new things in there. Just feels right.
Couldn't agree more. I, for one fact, am definitely going to purchase it.

.v0id

TheProphet said:
Using it here for 3 months now.... running build 7264 64bit atm.

Waiting for RTM, though I didn't notice much errors on RC (much less than on Vista SP2 tbh).

onetheycallgsk

I've been using incremental builds of Windows 7 since about December of last year, starting with 6801, 6956, 7000, 7057, 7127, 7100 (which is where I am now).

Mr. C

.v0id said:
yup, same here :)

Waiting for RTM, though I didn't notice much errors on RC (much less than on Vista SP2 tbh).

I assume it can run Windows XP files? I plan on getting it, I just want to know if it can run games built for XP.

.v0id

Installed all the games (GTA4, Prototype, Street Fighter 4, GRID, COD, etc.) without any problems.

Error 404

Hmm, should i try it or not ?
Cuz i got XP 32 Bit now and its got appearance of Vista..

I am not sure whats good about Windows 7 because i havent used Vista :S

ucenik1

Error 404 said:
Hmm, should i try it or not ?
Cuz i got XP 32 Bit now and its got appearance of Vista..

I am not sure whats good about Windows 7 because i havent used Vista :S

Here is some new features in Windows 7

Windows 7 features

Windows 7 is more stabile then Vista and XP and more faster then Vista! :D

KrazyFire

Its in my laptop but it loads slow and all i have installed is (Photoshop,Dreamweaver,Flash,AE,Premiere and Firefox)