vBulletin is not the End of the Forums World!

chakru

Well just started this thread to make the members to aware of other forums software available in the market which might not have never heard of apart from the popular ones like IPB, SMF, MyBB etc..

I just found some forum software that are quite interesting and equally powerful like IPB or vBulletin except for the amount of modifications vbulletin offers to its users..

here are some which has almost all basic features vbulletin has

I am listing only the free sources

NextBBS

This one not only looks better its really good I tried out a sample installation it went quite good.

Demo:
Code:
http://www.nextbbs.com/do_main

AEF

Demo:
This one infact looks very good and its a free source
Code:
http://www.anelectron.com/board/index.php?

FUDforum

Default skin dont look that good but I am sure with a better skin this one will look far good.

Code:
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=i&

well I will try to add more as I browse through other forum softwares which I find interesting..

If you know some other forum softwares and want to share dont hesitate to post it here. It may be helpful for many

regards

mojopanel

i head of the 3rd one.. but there is to many, i am wating to make a forum script for my free hosting script. But i wont be trying to geting the forum market.

chakru

mojopanel said:
i head of the 3rd one.. but there is to many, i am wating to make a forum script for my free hosting script. But i wont be trying to geting the forum market.

thats nice indeed I would love to see out it turns out for you :)

snardley

If I may, an excellent vBulletin lookalike clone is MyBB. Some users have started to convert vB mods/hacks to work on it.

It's a very promising open source forum.

chakru

snardley said:
If I may, an excellent vBulletin lookalike clone is MyBB. Some users have started to convert vB mods/hacks to work on it.

It's a very promising open source forum.

thats true but its widely know for many.. just want to bring forward other forums software that are not well know...

chakru

JFORUM
Its ultra fast!! I am sure its the best alternative for phpBB it looks similar to phpBB but its really fast..

28sbqtw.jpg

JFORUM

moiz615

^^^
that look total copy of phpBB -_-

-

I own around 3 vBulletin Communities and I will built one soon I will prefer myself AEF. Thanks Chakru,

chaotic_geo

They all suck bollocks... Literally.

Why are you wasting your time on such epic fail chakru? Or do they pay good money?

Lol: The newest registered user is chakru on JForum... xD

EDIT, found this:

Right, so I just checked back here, and it seems like there is some doubt about the status of IceBB. As far as I am concerned, this project is entirely dead and is no longer being actively developed. Unless somebody steps in and says otherwise, I would say it is safe to assume this.

The code is riddled with bugs, and it suffers from poor design choices. Moreover, considering that there is no real development, bugs and security holes (critical or not) will be left unpatched. This forum software is too small for other vendors to bother with creating a converter, so my personal recommendation is to not use IceBB.

From the Admin himself... God knows how bad the others are. Moral of the story, stick with vB.

chakru

haha!! I just gone through many forum softwares.. those are the good ones available so far.. hehe.. others are just crap and many try to sell their crappy forum softwares lol..

Gh0st

Man what's with all these forum softwares.... I know so many lol; MyBB, YaBB... lol. But I think that 'MyBB' is the best, free forum software. It's really like vBulletin because it has similiar modules and stuff, only free!

nexia

This is a pathetic thread... if you want to know about forum softwares, just go there: PHP Discussion Boards | Scripts & Programs | Hot Scripts

pointing that kind of comment like "vB is not the end of the world" is just a proof that you do not undertand the goal of this site... doyou go on phpBB fan sites posting the same kind of content?!... go waste your time somewhere else, like taking a walk, drink a beer, do some base-jumping...

chakru

nexia said:
This is a pathetic thread... if you want to know about forum softwares, just go there: PHP Discussion Boards | Scripts & Programs | Hot Scripts

pointing that kind of comment like "vB is not the end of the world" is just a proof that you do not undertand the goal of this site... doyou go on phpBB fan sites posting the same kind of content?!... go waste your time somewhere else, like taking a walk, drink a beer, do some base-jumping...

lol u expect me to be harsh on u? that may not happen.. plus if u dont like this thread just stay away its not for ya!!

regards

Nite-Hax

I have to say..They don't look bad at all.

But i will stick with VB because there are sites like this one where ppl can help each other, free Skins, Mods, etc...

mojopanel

chakru said:
thats nice indeed I would love to see out it turns out for you :)

Why thank you,
I just need to find a tut where i can add a login or simple forum that i can use to see how every thing works...

KillaStaff

none equal vb, it's really the best, for mod, for customisation, IPB sux for the price, myBB it's the best in free i think (it's really similar for template, and look, and have many mods and big community)

VB is the best for ever =)

sorry for my bad english :D