vBulletin 4 Main Features

.v0id

Key features and improvements that will be included in the first vBulletin 4 release are:

• Cross-content search system providing a single interface to search across forum posts, blog entries and comments and other supported products
  • Improved search performance
  • A fresh design and layout making use of semantic markup and CSS styling
  • An enhanced style and template system to enhance your ability to change the layout
  • Controls to assist with the placement of advertising elements
  • SEO features, including friendly URLs
  • A centralized attachment system, allowing the sharing of attachments across products
The goal of the vBulletin 4 series is to develop a modern, scalable application platform that will allow your communities to thrive.
The vBulletin 4 series will include a number of releases, with each iteration bringing improvements in features, usability and architecture. Development efforts are prioritized towards those areas that can provide real, tangible benefits to our customers, at all times with an eye toward maintaining and enhancing the performance and reliability expected of a vBulletin product.
Alongside significant strides forward within the vBulletin forum product, we are also producing a new content management system to facilitate the creation, editing and publishing of non-forum pages. Further details about CMS features, and how it will integrate with vBulletin will be posted in due course.
We are working hard and plan to have vBulletin 4.0 released in beta form in early Q2 of 2009.

Error 404

So, is there any noticeable features ? Cuz all these SEOs, arent really much help. I mean.. Like new Mods built-in or new functions... That would be much appreciated..
Thanks for info ;)

.v0id

Well, vBulletin developers are now focusing on the basic stuff, so that they are compatible with all browsers and usable. I am sure that much more features will come in future releases.

In my opinion, the most exciting updates for now will be the new layouts and enhanced search system. More exciting stuff will come later :)

Error 404

Ye, probably you right.. Well, its very exciting to hear :D
Thanks a lot for info, I didnt even know that vBulletin v4 was planned to be release in this year XD

Thanks.

Hoxxy

Though there are some nice new things being added/changed (semantic markup and CSS styling etc etc) I personally think its getting to bloated...by the time vb 5 comes out it will simply be a Facebook/Myspace clone with a good forum backend...

If I actually cared about my personal forum I would revert back to 3.6.x and spend the time sorting out all the errors that would occur due to reverting backwards...as it is and as I always say I only keep to the latest version so to stay upto date with changes to help vBTEAM members ;)

VIRUXZ

yeah, hay que esperar vbulletin 4, jeje vbulletin es lo mejro y con el 4 sera una mola xD. i`m not speak english, sorry xD.