[vBTEAM] CometChat v1.0.1

xDEAD

allrise7 said:
hi .........

i cant read arabic names or writing arabic ........ i think something wrong with the encoding

i have this proplem with the older cometchat v1.0 too

can u help me to fix it please ?........

I have the same problem with the Russian language.
You may make a support for encoding utf8?

allrise7

xDEAD said:
I have the same problem with the Russian language.
You may make a support for encoding utf8?

in my vbulletin forum i can reading arabic names ...... it’s (latin1_bin) encoding in my database so please eny one can help me to fix this proplem plezzzzz

alexD

For those of you having problems viewing the out put use this to see if json is installed. You can use it to check all installed extensions and save them as a .txt my co-worker made this script as a tutorial for his site. He made a mistake and it prints to the txt file
PHP:
<li>${extension}</li>
. No database is used and its 100% safe. If you want to know your apache info make a new php script ot text doc and type:
PHP:
<?php

print_r(apache_get_modules());

?>

or
replace the php extension code with this
PHP:
<?php
$apacheMod = '';
$mod = apache_get_modules();
foreach($mod as $amod)
$apacheMod .= "<li>${amod}</li>";
?>

wiseman

also no friends showing up as well. Did everything exactly in the instructions. jave json installed on my server. Im pretty good with this stuff so its obviously something is not working properly as others are having the same issue. Tried it in IE7 and firefox. 2 friend accounts logged in, nothing shows up in the popup.

xDEAD

psilocybin said:
check out the CometChat forums, see if they can help:

CometChat

they have a few posts about other languages.

I send letter to Support and he answer me:

"Hello,

We will have to look at your server in-order to fix your encoding problem.
Please upload your installation to an online location so that we can
investigate. Also please provide me your purchase email id.

Warm Regards,

Anant Garg
Inscripts"

Who have a license and can help me? ))

h@ck3r

xDEAD said:
I send letter to Support and he answer me:

"Hello,

We will have to look at your server in-order to fix your encoding problem.
Please upload your installation to an online location so that we can
investigate. Also please provide me your purchase email id.

Warm Regards,

Anant Garg
Inscripts"

Who have a license and can help me? ))

LOL.. If you stole a laptop from the shop, only to find it were faulty- Would you ask them to repair it for you? :D

alexD

Heres a fixed version the creator didnt fix this issue in the cometchat_ini file mysql-selectdb(); Its not a real function and its a reason why your not able to view anything, that and the json output of the message. I have an install xml file for the product but no auto template yet. My partners task is that end and he doesnt know how to auto template. We should have a fixed version with auto templates tomorrow if he hasnt coded it I will. Fixed comet chat options to IM see read me for file info.

Might make it use $vbulletin->db->query_read and make the database requests work more for vbulletin still debating this one.

Error 404

The only thing i hate about this chat, is that the chat bar is refreshing as well, when you go to your forum topics.. which is kind of annoys me, because on Facebook, that chatbar, looks like its like an iFrame or sth, cuz it doesnt reload when you click on some links..

alexD

Yes facebook uses and iframe which stops the constant refreshing but the entire mod is client scripted in javascript. If the creator would just ask for some help he might actually have a good product. I wont touch the JS but I can make a ref to ant about using templates instead to decrease load time. Its not a very hard matter JS wise just a tool tip, a pop up and the ajax. Its not like you can drag and drop anything so theres no need for him to use so many resources by not using templates and vbulletins permissions as well.

h@ck3r

alexD said:
Yes facebook uses and iframe which stops the constant refreshing but the entire mod is client scripted in javascript. If the creator would just ask for some help he might actually have a good product. I wont touch the JS but I can make a ref to ant about using templates instead to decrease load time. Its not a very hard matter JS wise just a tool tip, a pop up and the ajax. Its not like you can drag and drop anything so theres no need for him to use so many resources by not using templates and vbulletins permissions as well.

Than why don't you chop up his mod, and chuck whatever you have to offer at it, then release it as your own new chat?

Personally, this chat worked perfectly for me in Firefox, but Im on a 20MB connection.

Foir many of my members, who don't have such a huge connection, or are using Internet Explorer 8- it made the site un-browsable.

alexD

no thanks mate but I need beta testers for this auto-install auto-edit product if anyone wants to help me out then i would appreciate it a lot. I coded it 100% since my co-worker couldnt help. I could make my own chating system but I'm a pretty lazy coder lol, thats why I pass things on to my underlings at work. Do a back up before you use this product as its untested. I can say it auto templates and does the install but I didnt have time to check if it works on the site.

Also please change its name to just comet chat please it was a dup on my flash drive so and I needed the original product. If you like it say thanks, provide feed back in the support thread posted by Dark Hunter please no support will be give to posters in this thread!!!

http://www.vbteam.info/how/24607-need-help-cometchat-v1-0-0-post-here.html

h@ck3r

alexD said:
no thanks mate but I need beta testers for this auto-install auto-edit product if anyone wants to help me out then i would appreciate it a lot. I coded it 100% since my co-worker couldnt help. I could make my own chating system but I'm a pretty lazy coder lol, thats why I pass things on to my underlings at work. Do a back up before you use this product as its untested. I can say it auto templates and does the install but I didnt have time to check if it works on the site.

Also please change its name to just comet chat please it was a dup on my flash drive so and I needed the original product. If you like it say thanks, provide feed back in the support thread posted by Dark Hunter please no support will be give to posters in this thread!!!

http://www.vbteam.info/how/24607-need-help-cometchat-v1-0-0-post-here.html

I'll give it a go in the morning for you m8.