vBCredits 1.4rc1 Copyright Removal

rockell

Dragonlordgod said:
Of course it is there, the question is how can the copyright be removed =.=

uhh didn't u just answer ur own question -.-

xml is just regular text files u can edit.

Morsolo

It will be in your Languages/Phrases somewhere.
I don't have my vB up, so I can't tell you.

Just do a search for whatever the copyright text says.

Extreme111

U Can Search On The Boards.. And CAn't U like Get Sued For Removing That Or Somin.. Well IDC your problem ... Yea...

Dragonlordgod

Well, I of course removed it from The phrases/languages.

Lol, Extreme are you joking? You can already get sued for using illegal vbulletins which is most likely everyone here is using.

rockell

Dragonlordgod said:
removing any significance of the copyright text from the xml doesn't remove the copyright on your vb =/

learn to read ffs. the phrase is in the xml which you can only remove from the xml. It does not exist in phrase management. you might think you know something, but you don't. especially when you don't even bother open up the xml and look at it.

Dragonlordgod

rockell said:
learn to read ffs. the phrase is in the xml which you can only remove from the xml. It does not exist in phrase management. you might think you know something, but you don't. especially when you don't even bother open up the xml and look at it.

Why don't you shut up and open up the XML yourself and learn to read for a changed. I said I opened up the XML and removed all significance of the text. Sigh to people who never read and try to act smart =.=

Guernica

I am pretty sure the xml file is only going to do you any good if have not installed it yet, however if you want to reinstall you can open er' up in notepad and search for a phrase for the copyright text.

Most copyright stuff is located in the languages/phrases, so search there for what the copyright text says. Of course if you remove copyright from COPYRIGHTED material it is not allowed, if they come across yours they will most likely email you and say, put it back on...

lordsyntax

i would say they rather shut you down than saying put it back on, considering that it might be an unlicensed version too.

"Hey, we are ok with you running a pirated product of us, but could you please put the copyright back on ?".....don´t see that happening ^^

Guernica

lordsyntax said:
i would say they rather shut you down than saying put it back on, considering that it might be an unlicensed version too.

"Hey, we are ok with you running a pirated product of us, but could you please put the copyright back on ?".....don´t see that happening ^^

Who said it was a nulled copy? If they don't have proof of knowing that, that's all they can say.

lordsyntax

Guernica said:
Who said it was a nulled copy? If they don't have proof of knowing that, that's all they can say.

If it´s nulled or not doesn´t matter at all, only thing relevant for removing the copyright is whether you are eligible to do so or not. And in case you are not granted copyright removal they can shut you down for violating their copyrights , as simple as that.

gettingitdid

I removed the link in the product-credits.xml file and imported it once more. The branding link is still at the bottom of the pages.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you all for your help in advance.

analyzer

gettingitdid said:
I removed the link in the product-credits.xml file and imported it once more. The branding link is still at the bottom of the pages.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you all for your help in advance.

even me guys .... any help plz.

Brap

Yeye just edit it as a text document put dont use notpad it screws it all up :)

I advise you use Jarte [Google It]