Upload failed in DownloadsII

thewonderer

No matter what I do I can not upload zip files. I have it set to -1 in all the option fields which allows for unlimmited uploads, file sizes, etc.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

skrazydogz

klick in admincp on phpinfo und looking for (STRG+F) safe_mod.

On or off ?

and locking for your folder if it has the right 777!

Itsuki Minami

if you use a unix server you may have to change folder permissions of the uploads directory to 777 or 775, <-<U if you don't know what's that either tehn try to learn how to use a ftp program

thewonderer

The folder is set to 777. Where to I find the phpinfo in the admincp? I looked but can not see it. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this one.

thewonderer

skrazydogz said:
and the permisson of users must be enable :D

I do not see this option. I have usergroups and have allowed them to use the downloads using the above posts info. Is there another section?

skrazydogz

click in "admincp" on "usergroups" and then "manage User groups" and then you see a list of all usergroups you have....for example click after administrator "change usergroup" und click on "go" at new page scroll down where you find options of DownloadsII and enable all! this options you must enable for all usergroups who can uploads files.

thewonderer

I do not have exactly what you are saying. When I go into my admincp and scroll down to usergroups I see the following options:

Usergroup Manager
Add New Usergroup
Join Requests
Promotions
Forum Permissions
Administrator Permissions

When I click on the "Usergroup Manager" I get my list of usergroups. When I go into the user group and scroll down to the downloads section these are the options I get:
Can View Files: Yes No (set to yes)
Can Download Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Rate Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Comment on Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Manage Own Comments Yes No (set to yes)
Can Manage All Comments Yes No (set to yes)
Can Upload Images Yes No (set to yes)
Can Link to Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Upload Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Avoid Moderation Queue Yes No (set to yes)
Can Manage Moderation Queue Yes No (set to yes)
Can Edit Own Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can Edit All Files Yes No (set to yes)
Can View Disabled Download Section Yes No (set to yes)
Exclude Categories: When set to "Yes", only the categories listed below can be viewed by this group. When set to "No", all categories can be viewed except the ones listed below. Yes No (set to no)

To permit this usergroup to view all categories, leave this entry BLANK. Otherwise, enter the categories to include or exclude (depending on the setting above) separated by commas. For example: 1,2,4,6 this section is blank

This is the maximum MB that a user can upload. Set this to -1 for there to be NO limit. this is set to -1

This is the maximum MB that a user can download in one day. Set this to -1 for there to be NO limit. set to -1

This is the maximum number of files that a user can download in one day. Set this to -1 for there to be NO limit. set to -1

Use strict daily download limits. If set to "No", a user will only receive receive a download limit reached message if BOTH the MB and file per day limit are reached. If set to "Yes", exceeding either limit will trigger the download limit reached message. Yes No (set to no)

Download DELAY: Leave at -1 for this group to inheret the default value! If the user is in multiple groups that have the over-ride set above -1, the HIGHEST value will be the delay setting. this is set to -1

skrazydogz

sorry I only have the german Version of DownloadsII *g* but you did it right, which version of DownloadsII you have and which version of vbulletin ?

thewonderer

I just upgraded to DownloadsII 5.0.6 and still the same problem. I have no idea why it is not letting me upload. It goes through the motion then reloads the page and says "The upload failed! Upload error."

thewonderer

skrazydogz said:
I send you a pm ;)

Thank you so much for take the time to help me find a solution to my problem. Even though we could not fix the problem skrazydogz provided a work-around so that my members can begin to enjoy this hack.

THANK YOU SO MUCH skrazydogz! ;)

altaibskt

thewonderer said:
I am running vbulletin 3.6.8 and DownloadsII 5.0.5. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot my situation.

hi there

i have the same problem if could somebody help me?