Mail i received from Copyright Enforcement Agent for Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

moiz615

there is a thing u can save urself remove every vBulletin copyright from ur All Forum :p All forum means more then 1000 FIles :p

well if you host it on your own computer / network. then they cant really do anything.
and the same thing if you can buy offshore hosting (russia, china, eastern europe.)

same thing if you are your own reseller host, where they state that the files and legal conduct of the reseller's clients are the sole responsibility of the reseller and not the provider. (which is what i do.)

they only rely on the legal threats alone, as they wouldnt have the balls (or bank balance) to go after a forum in a court of law (the costs of going after them in a law of court, would be greater than the loss if we didnt pay for the vb license)

tbh copyright on the internet is a load of censored.

TechN9ne1730

craig said:
well if you host it on your own computer / network. then they cant really do anything.
Your an idiot. With a host they shut you down, with running it on your computer they can trace it directly back to your IP and contact your ISP leading to DEEP censored.

and the same thing if you can buy offshore hosting (russia, china, eastern europe.)
True..

same thing if you are your own reseller host, where they state that the files and legal conduct of the reseller's clients are the sole responsibility of the reseller and not the provider. (which is what i do.)
That means YOU are responsible for removing the content or they can shut down your RESELLER account and loose your clients.

they only rely on the legal threats alone, as they wouldnt have the balls (or bank balance) to go after a forum in a court of law (the costs of going after them in a law of court, would be greater than the loss if we didnt pay for the vb license)
Not really seeing as there wouldnt be much you could do. The case is strongly in favor of vB.
tbh copyright on the internet is a load of censored.
Yes, people are going to jail and being fined thousands of dollars and it is a joke....

Sony

As many have said your only option (other than purchasing a license) is a host that allow nulled script or offshore host where jelsoft cannot do censored about it.

A12

As stated before offshore hosting is your best bet.

Xplorer4x4 said:
We cant swear? wow thats sucks it was never an issue in the past?

I read somewere (on this site) that this is a public open to everyone(All ages) forum, if there was swearing and such it wouldn't really set a good image to some of the younger members (But that's just what I think :/), ether that or it could be considered flameing and unnecessary.

Furqaan

They directly sent mail to the host and he closed my site.
There should be a remedy.
I think change the word (vbulletin) from all files of the script.
also use the style which looks diffrent from vb.

They must have some checks but since i am not nuller i can not say what are they.
I will try one day

Mr.X

My suggestion: Like it or not...
1. You recieved the mail from piratereport, in fews days your host will get it. 85% chances are that your host will suspend your account without any refund. note i am not talking about offshore host.

2. Even if you remove the vbulletin phrases or stuff like that, than (jelsoft) has much bigger reason to bust you in legal (court case) manner as its now case of copyright and trademark infrigment.

So, solutions are:
1. If you want to use vb only, buy a license or even a second hand licence from some good forum site like digitalpoint and sitepoint. (recomended, simplest way and will get your peace of mind so that you can concentrate on your site!)

2. Convert to some open source forum software.

3. Use a offshore host.

PS changing your forum softwares will be a great SEO loss to your forum.

Furqaan

Dear Mr. X You suggestions are realy important.
However i said to change the phrases only becouse i am from pakistan and i dont need to care about copyrights.

And yeah changing the forum is the great lose.

Koyuki88

If u got caught and u got a legal license u can keep to use the nulled one? Or just reup all files via ftp without lose all post and members?

chakru

when u got the lisence u can keep your nulled one! there is no problem with it but its stupid to keep the nulled one when u have the license. lol!!

Koyuki88

chakru said:
when u got the lisence u can keep your nulled one! there is no problem with it but its stupid to keep the nulled one when u have the license. lol!!

Yea but u have to remake a lot of modifications ;P