ICo-Content.vB.Forum.Edition.v1.5.2.for.vBulletin.3.6.PHP.NULLIFIED-GYSN

h@ck3r

Well I tried the release in post 1, and it wouldn't connect to the Yahoo! API... So I done as someone else suggested in this thread and updated to 1.5.6.

It's connecting fine now- But I've done the scheduled task manually many times now, but no new threads or posts are generated.

I'm all out of ideas now. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? (Running 3.8.0)

h@ck3r

nexia said:
AARRGGHHHHHH

there was a typo in the product file... a MISSING " ' " .. yeah, you understand what it means.... shit!

upload all the files again, and re-import the product.. no need to uninstall!

version 1.5.5 now.

files updates were "just in case that's the bug" thing...

the bug was logic... it detected the thread and created the user related to that thread, but never posted it... i updated the cronjob so next time it runs it will re-initialise the question status so the unposted threads will be created again in the future.

oh, and to make the posting more "organic", it's not posting all the answers in the row... remember that logically it takes time for someone to see a new thread and reply to it... the engine will then "think" more logically and not post a new reply to the thread until X seconds, or Y new thread created... so if you refresh your page often to see more threads created, you will see a bunch of new threads but no posts yet... about 7 or 10 threads later the replies are coming.. but also, remember the % of new questions/answers grabbed from yahoo...

another note, for guys testing:

go in the "ICo-Content" part of the vBulletin Options... at the end of the listing of settings, you have a new field... it let you choose between 1 to 25 posts made in a single click on the forum... take care to use this wisely...

Just to keep you updated.. Thanks to this post, and after reading this entire thread 3 times today- I've got this working perfect on my website.

Thank you VERY much.

This is the best thing since getting laid ;)

One thing... when my MEMBERS reply to threads posted on my forum- will Yahoo answers get my MEMBERS post added to their site too? Or not?

Grinderhand

h@ck3r said:
Just to keep you updated.. Thanks to this post, and after reading this entire thread 3 times today- I've got this working perfect on my website.

Thank you VERY much.

This is the best thing since getting laid ;)

One thing... when my MEMBERS reply to threads posted on my forum- will Yahoo answers get my MEMBERS post added to their site too? Or not?

Of course not, but don't tell your members that. It's fun to watch them become frustrated when they don't get a response :)

h@ck3r

lordsyntax said:
now which version of ico-content did you use?

Bits of all what's posted in this thread lol.

I'll post a how-to guide tomorrow for all.. Maybe it will help others :)

Grinderhand said:
Of course not, but don't tell your members that. It's fun to watch them become frustrated when they don't get a response :)

PMSL. OK... would be fantastic if it did.. but hey I take your word for this lol.

h@ck3r

Just had something strange happen.

In one of the auto-posts created on my forum, a reply to the thread was posted.. BY ME!

I never posted it.

Is it possible someone on Yahoo with the same username as me replied on there, meaning it posted a reply in the thread using MY username/ profile etc or is this a bug?

And 1 other thing.. can someone please explain this to me:

Threads to Replies Ratio
The precentage of the daily post limit consisting of new threads. The remaining percentage will make up replies to existing threads.

It's set to 20, but I don't understand what this is. Can someone please explain in simple terms, for a simple person? :D

h@ck3r

mojopanel said:
What settings do i do? i added the Yahoo key then i run the cron and nothin is posted?

What did it say when you run the cron?

Post here.

I've been to hell & back trying to make this work, so maybe I can help you lol :D

h@ck3r

I've put this package together using different files from throughout this thread... Give it a go and let me know if it works for you:

View attachment 15999

^^^This SHOULD work just fine.

But if it doesn't, then try the following (Which is exactly what I done to get it working on 3.8.0....

Upload the contents of this folder to your forum root:

View attachment 15993

Import this product:

View attachment 15994

Now upload the contents of this folder to your forum root (Overwriting any previous files):

View attachment 15995

Now import this product:

View attachment 15996

Now upload the contents of this folder to your forum root (Overwriting any previous files):

View attachment 15997

Now import this product:

View attachment 15998

Now go and add your API key in the ACP settings.

Now go to one of your forums in ACP, and scroll to the bottom and select yes to activate ICO in that forum.

You MUST add keywords before it will work. Eg. If the forum you are activating ICO in is 'TV & Films'- Add something like 'Film review, Comedy, romance, thriller', without the '.

(These are just example keywords to show you it working- I suggest you use your own keywords, to make sure you're grabbing the right content for your site).

Save it, and now go and run the cron job, and it should work.

All thanks to Nexia. Great guy, with a great mod here. Hat's off to him ;)

testebr

In this latest version it doesn't get reply to created topics?

I'm here with million new topics with 0 reply.

testebr

Really no one know how to fix this problem?

I'm using latest version posted by h@ck3r. No awsers to my board :~~~~~~

Tons of new topic without reply.

h@ck3r

You need to make sure they are posting the content in forums they have permission to post.. otherwise it'l not work.

That version is 100% working on my forum. Creating members, starting threads, and replying to threads.

I have chosen to turn the schedule off and run it whenever I feel like it though, since it's a very server intensive process.. It brings my forum to a stand still for about 2 minutes when I run it.