how to set e-mail

Extreme111

Hi people i have vb forum, but i just want to know is how do i set the e-mail coz i forgot my password and when went to lost password no password got sent so i had to reupload everythink :(

so could you please tell me how to do it thanks so much.

Itsuki Minami

o.o let me se if i understand first of all, hope i do, the mail depends on your control panel if you have cpanel you can configure it to send [email protected] to some account like hotmail or yahoo so even if it doesn't exist it will arrive to you, and in vbulletin well o.o the mail is setup in the vbulletin options hope this helps you

lordsyntax

so even if it doesn't exist it will arrive to you
Now, show me how a mail sent to an address that does not exist will arrive ?
Mailserver will tell you to shoot yourself into your knee, and bounce the mail back to the originating MXer ^^

@Extreme111:
Assuming you got access to the Database by some administration tool like phpmyadmin:
Go to phpmadmin, check the user-table of your vB installation and look for your admin account. You will see the email address in question in plain text in the table. Simply edit that entry to your new mail address and have your password resend to the new address then.

lordsyntax

Can you access AdminCP at all ? Then we might be on the wrong way here, since your initial post could also mean that your vBulletin does not send out Emails at all ?

So could you try to be a bit more precise in your description ?

Extreme111

yes im in the admincp on forum , when i send e-mails no one gets and when people go to lost passwod no password get sent

lordsyntax

then it is a problem with the php mail function. Do you use any free hoster such as byethost for example ? is php mail enabled on your server ?

lordsyntax

go into AdminCP - Maintenance - Diagnostics and test your email functionality. Enter an email address you are able to access. If it works ok you should receive an email like this:
You are receiving this email because your email address was entered as an email
test at ******.

The first step of this email test script has been completed. However, a formatting
test is still necessary:

A paragraph break.
A single line break.

Another paragraph break.
Another single line break.
Another single line break.

If the above lines look correct, you are finished. The email features on your
server are setup correctly.
If this email is run together on one line, there is possibly a configuration error
with your mail server. Please ensure it is configured correctly.

If it returns an error, post the error here for further troubleshooting

Extreme111

This what it come up and i did not get e-mail :mad:

Pertinent PHP Settings
SMTP: localhost
sendmail_from: [email protected]
sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Results

No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

where it says the e-mail : [email protected] thats not the one iv ot is that y ? or what ?

Extreme111

k so duz anyone know how i can set e-mail up or change the e-mail whats init i need to know how its well anoying please HELP :(

This what it come up and i did not get e-mail :mad:

Pertinent PHP Settings
SMTP: localhost
sendmail_from: [email protected]
sendmail_path: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Results

No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

where it says the e-mail : [email protected] thats not the one iv ot is that y ? or what ?

lordsyntax

Just login in to PHPmyadmin and set your e-mail there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Thanks

nope, that is NOT his problem. His problem is that mails are not being send through the vBulletin php mail function.

What to do now:
Contact your hoster, and have him check if there are any restrictions on your account or check your email settings serverside in general.