You riched top positions and now you are dissapointed?

Chhansen

Back in a days I was targeting keyword "link submission" and I reached #2 position on Google. I was really upset when I found that it didn't gave me traffic I expected. It was only 2-3 clicks a day and 0 clients for my SEO services. Now this keyword dropped from top 10 and I don't really care.

It was a good lesson for me. I learned that you should always check using tools what people are looking for. Google Trends http://www.google.com/trends or http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/ tools can help a lot.

Even if you think that keyword is "hot" you should always analyse or you will waste your time. another thing it is really important not just to analyze your keywords but also to monitor it's ranking from time to time, maintenance is important. Yes, sometimes it happens and our all efforts for getting that keyword is wasted out. But a proper research will do. That's why I always say about SEO - More Research, Less Implement Anyway... Link building (even with wrong keywords) improves your site average rankings. Well I will suggest study the keyword first with Wordtracker, and see if it brings the demanded juice. In your case, the niche wasn't so good I guess. Quote: Originally Posted by Filepeter Well I will suggest study the keyword first with Wordtracker, and see if it brings the demanded juice. In your case, the niche wasn't so good I guess. I agree. Who the hell typing "link submission"? People type "million visitors in 1 day" to find great SEO sites. Just kidding. Quote: Originally Posted by Filepeter Well I will suggest study the keyword first with Wordtracker, and see if it brings the demanded juice. In your case, the niche wasn't so good I guess. this is right!I agree on this many people are experiencing this kind of situation. Check the KW if it is competitive and can bring good traffic and that the time you can decide if you want to target it...but remember competitive KW requires more hard work... Now you've learn your lesson.. next time try to use keywords suggestions tools.. Quote: Originally Posted by dee_el07 Now you've learn your lesson.. next time try to use keywords suggestions tools.. It's not about the correct usage of these