YAHOO! Site Explorer beta

shhurnoise

Friends,

Today, I found some interesting info about Yahoo Site Explorer. It allows you to explore all the web pages indexed by Yahoo! Search. View the most popular pages from any site, dive into a comprehensive site map, and find pages that link to that site or any page.

URL: http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

I think, this is something like google sitemap, what you think?

Ariful It's a couple of days that when you enter the command link:websitedomain then you are automatically taken to the Yahoo Explorer automatically.

It shows precisely the number of links pointing to a website and is nice. It does not use a sitemap however, it simply crawls the site as per usual. It is next to useless. It helped me confirm that one site of mine had very few pages indexed in Yahoo. Thats all it did. It seems that they are putting focus on their API also inconjunction with the Site explorer

I have coded a Backlink Analyzer based on its API and it works great (although no tools are foolproof..) not flood plain as with not obraschatisya. prompt the people about this service that he although does! but that not understandable. Hello,

Why does Yahoo don't obey to robot text? Quote: Originally Posted by Natural Elements Hello,

Why does Yahoo don't obey to robot text? What is your codes in the robots.txt? Hello KC Tan,

My Code is:

User-agent: *
Disallow: / ............as proddetail.asp?prod=
I have a site map for Yahoo, seems like Yahoo keep going to list the products urls I don't want them to list. Three weeks ago I switched from dynamic proddetail.asp?prod= to semi-static urls as products-name.asp

Basically I changed the urls and Yahoo is the only search engine who doesn't want that switch even with a site map. I blocked the old proddetail.asp?prod= and all dynamic urls no more in use on my robot text but nothing is happening.

Thanks I wish there were an option to turn the dam thing off. Quote: Originally Posted by Natural Elements Hello KC Tan,

My Code is:

Disallow: / ............as proddetail.asp?prod=
I have a site map for Yahoo, seems like Yahoo keep going to list the products urls I don't want them to list. Three weeks ago I switched from dynamic proddetail.asp?prod= to semi-static urls as products-name.asp

Basically I changed the urls and Yahoo is the only search engine who doesn't want that switch even with a site map. I blocked the old proddetail.asp?prod= and all dynamic urls no more in use on my robot text but nothing is happening.
Thanks So do you mean you do not have any pages like proddetail.asp?prod=.. now?

Try to put all the products-name.asp under one directory called norobots etc.

Code: User-agent: *Disallow: /norobots/# instead of using individual file namesI hoep this is what you want Hello,

No, I mean I don't want proddetail.asp?prod= , urls anymore.

KC Tan, what to you mean exactly? I can create another file for robot called norobot? and put this code in
Disallow: /norobots/
# instead of using individual file names ( I don't use individual file names, only /cat.asp, /proddetails.asp etc...)

Tork311 yes that would be nice to turn off lol

Thanks all