XSLT blank lines

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am making a browser based application that generates XML server side that then goes through a client side XSLT for reporting. The problem I am having is that I need to find the bottom of each page so I can put a page break and insert the criteria used to generate the report. Also, I need each line to have an <a> tag so that I can hyper link to it from another frame.

I have run into one of two problems (by solving one I create the other and vise versa). The first is that I was unable to add blank lines to the bottom of the page to get down to the footer. I was able to correct this using an <xsl:param> and counting through the lines. Now however, since I am manually moving through each line with a [position()=$counter] command, I am not actually moving through the nodes which means that the <xsl:attribute> tag always returns the value of the first node regardless of the actual line I try to link to.

So, to recap, I need to find the bottom of each page, even though there may be no XML nodes to loop through and build a hyperlink <a> tag into each line.

I need this to run on IE which (as far as I can tell) rules out XSL-FO, also thanks to IE6's SP1 I don't think print templates will work.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.