Xbox 360 not working?

sfsfsfgiants

This is the e-mail that I just sent to the Xbox customer support, and, while I wait for their answer, I thought I would ask on here, too.<br />
<br />
I've had my Xbox 360 for about a year now with no problems. Today, I turn it on and my game won't work. I can turn it on, and I can go online with it, but I can?t play any of my games. I tried five different games, and all of them gave me the same message ?unplayable disk.? It is weird because I was using it yesterday for a couple of hours, and it worked fine, with no lag. I went through the list of possible problems from the ?While attempting to load a disc in your Xbox 360 console, you receive the error message ?This disc is unreadable?? at http//support.microsoft.com/kb/909819/e... and none of those helped it. I unplugged and plugged it back in. I cleaned the system as much as I could. I took off the HDD and tried to play without it. I got that same message every time ?unplayable disk.?<br />
<br />
I?m not sure if it was something that I did to mess it up. I have moved it once in the year I?ve had it, about two weeks ago, but it?s worked fine since. <br />
<br />
Any tips that you guys can suggest would be helpful.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Michael<br />
<br />
<br />
P.S. I dont have a problem sending it in to get fixed. I would rather not, obviously, but I want my game back, and if that is what it will take to get this baby running again, that's fine.<br />
<br />
Let me know if you need specific information that I left out.<br />
<br />
This may not be the place to ask it. If so, let me know.<br />

peters

The same thing happened to me, and I was afraid I was going to have to send it in. I didn't play it for 3 days and I tried it one last time before I was going to send it in. When I turned it on, it worked perfectly. Try giving it a few days and if you don't have any luck, you should turn it in.

MartinJV

I'd say the 360's laser lens could be dirty. Try cleaning it with air duster or one of those specialized cleaning disks.

LiS

I just came across a site that sends you a Xbox 360 for free! I'm ordering mine right now.