Would an affiliate product like Language Learning Software be hard to sell . . .

meryllkalinskil

. . . because of over saturation, or because its more expensive than most other items? A year ago, for a while, I constantly tried to sell language learning software as an affiliate. I couldn't make ONE sale from it. that being said, I had nothing to offer the people browsing the site had going on back then. No free lessons, no good web design, no nothing as far as different languages go. I'm guessing its both over saturation, as well as expensiveness. Can you think of any other niches in which its especially hard to market products and why this is? If you think outside of the box and utilize a few good business techniques you can make money from any affiliate program. For example..... Create a website that auto-forwards to your affiliate and market it OFF LINE. Create your own commercial or advertisements and people who are interested in courses that are not as expensive as Rosetta Stone WILL buy from you. Create flyers and pay people to hand them out. Find out where language clubs are meeting and give a demonstration of your software to them. there are thousands of creative ways to sell your affiliate products if you are willing to put yourself out there. Good Luck @Wonderful Warrior: thank you for the great advise. I started with the language affiliate idea since I figured I didn't really know what niche to choose and I am a total newbie. @uleesgold: I can definitely feel your pain as I am trying to figure out how to market the affiliate language site. I am having better luck with promoting a social site ( without any affiliate program) that is about doing language exchange and making friends. I haven't figured out yet how to promote the language site so have been trying to utilize methods that some marketing sites advise ( I tried social monkee yesterday- unsure how effective that would be). I will try to keep this updated if I find the light at the end of the tunnel. Quote: I've had some success selling Rosetta Stone via Amazon. It's all in how you market it.