Why does Obama want everyone else to share the wealth, while he holds onto most of his?

Even when making more than $250,000, he gave away less than 1 percent to charity until he became a millionaire.Looking at Obama's charitable giving in since 2000 based on his tax returns, we find that Obama consistently refused to follow his own advice to spread the wealth when he had the opportunity to do so. This is especially true in years when he made nearly $250,000 or more. Their contributions didn't increase until Barack Obama's extraordinary book deal helped make him a millionaire and Michelle Obama received nearly $200,000 raise in May 2005 when she assumed a new position with her employer as vice president of community and external affairs. <br />
http//www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/10/obama_forgot_to_spread_his_own.html

eetalyawna

How does he get to keep most of his, if he is part of the group that would be paying slightly higher taxes?

You know, at least he's only got one mansion for his family as opposed to 9...

JoshuaH

Yawn. I could use one of McCain's houses -- you know, the ones he doesn't remember how many he has -- surely he wouldn't notice the one I took?

Unsure

Because it applies to everyone but him....I don't get it and I wish more people would see him for what he is.

TheBigCheese

That is charity--thats not taxes you ignorant person you. His reason for this is get out of the 9 trillion dollars of debt that Bush,McCain have gotten us into!

sfaa

He's the Messiah. Did Jesus give to the poor? Did Jesus do anything for the poor? Did Jesus ever donate anything?

Oh wait...

Romare

He didn't say share the wealth. He said spread the wealth around. Apparently you have misunderstood his ideas.

There are two warring economic plans the Republicans feel that if you make rich people richer, it will trickle down somehow to the middle class. The Democrats believe that if you strengthen the middle class, everyone will do well. If you like the way the Republican idea has worked out, vote for McCain. If you'd like to try the other way, which worked well under Clinton, vote for Obama.

Either way, there's no need to smear people.

juliets

Because all he wants is to be president of America.... and he will say anything and do anything to get people to vote for him. Obama's a liar, and there has been a lot of proof of that this election!

WhoamItosay

if you or your family has ever had money problems you wouldnt be asking such a dumb question...if i ever have money problems i want help.. OBAMA

wormalicious

To top it off, his brother lives off of $8 a week in Africa and is in sever poverty. My Brother's Keeper I think not.
Joe Biden has made over $2.5MM the past few years and has donated $3000. Yeah, its time to step up and be an American.
Both hypocrites in that realm.

DanielM

Obama has a young family and didn't make very much money until the book deal. Is $250,000 a year very much money? According to you Republicans that's a middle class wage.

Ispeakthetruth

Certainly alot better than I can't remember how many houses I own John McCain(who owns 8 houses!) Whose trophy wife is worth over 100 million dollars.

Victory

I agree with you. The only option is to raise taxes on the wealthy.
Indeed, a half century ago, the White House hosted a GOP President ? Dwight D. Eisenhower ? who refused to push tax rate cuts for the high-income set. Throughout Ike's Presidency, the top tax rate on income over $400,000 stood at 91 percent.

Greg

Are you seriously trying to make the case that he will not pay income tax on his earnings including book royalties that place him very far about a 250K marginal rate?

They just get sillier and sillier.