Why do people think?

mika-chan

Why does every one believe the whole 2012 thing I mean if your Christan right off the bat were not suppose to know when the worlds gonna end yes were going to get signs but it's not going to come flat out like the mayan calender when you really think about it Amsterdam [I Belive he was called that] Made a prediction that the world was going to end in 2000 but yet here we are the Y2k Happened but thus were here I mean think about it yes oracles have predicted but Amsterdam did too science points to it but science also pointed to the Y2k only one knows he may be sending us signs but I don't think he'd give us the year but this is my thoughts what are yours? <br />
Yes that's were I got all this ideas 3 and I want to here other peoples opions<br />

are you watching the history channel now.? if comets can hit jupiter and tsunamis can hit the Indian ocean then what makes you think those will be the last disasters??

PSA 187 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

PSA 188 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured coals were kindled by it.

PSA 189 He bowed the heavens also, and came down and darkness was under his feet.

PSA 1810 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

PSA 1811 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

Tehtaza

Not everyone believes in the whole 2012 thing, there are many realists out there that see it as just another example of human gullibility. Most that do believe in it does so because they think what they have heard is true and doesn't bother with looking up the facts. Another reason seems to be that people want to have something to fear.

Never heard of Amsterdam, but I've heard of Nostradamus. He didn't predict anything that has come true. All the things that people say has come true are things that they have found after the fact, not before. If you do that you can find predictions that has come true in any longer writing, all you have to do is to decide what to look for and then twist the facts until it fits what you want it to say. Easy. So what you have there is predictions made by other persons not Nostradamus.

The same thing goes for the Mayan calendar. The End of the world bit is the opinion and prediction by Josè Argülles not the Mayans themselves.

The end of the world has been predicted for thousands of years now and we're still here. Christians has predicted it since 44 C.E. and this far they have not been right.

The world will keep on existing, even after all humans are gone. So it's not really the end of the world that worries people, it's the end of human kind and I think that it will be a long time before anything (including us humans) manages to kill off all humans in this world. Things will change over time of course, but we are very good at surviving.

Personally I think that the end of the world is our own death. That's when our life here on earth ends, the end of our world as we know it, and there is no point in worrying about something that will happen to us all in due time.