WHY? can not post to any announcement threads?

bluescorpion

bluescorpion, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

Nor can I sent a message using the contact form, says it been disabled?

I think maybe I am starting to understand psilocybin when he said it isn't the same anymore ... can't put my finger on exactly why but it just feels different.

Hoxxy

.v0id has obviously set Announcement forums for staff only, as to the send a message using the contact form I haven't even got the footer link showing so I assume you wrote sendmessage.php manually in your browser...think about it if this was available we would be spammed to hell with noobs/members asking for help 24/7.

I agree vBTEAM has changed, but I'm not willing to air my views in the public areas.

bluescorpion

Hoxxy said:
I agree vBTEAM has changed, but I'm not willing to air my views in the public areas.

I wouldn't expect that you would do that but I appreciate the feedback.

I did, indeed try sendmessage. I get your point. LOL

thanks again.

bluescorpion

Curtis129 said:
vbteam just seems a hangout for people the have no idea of html and expect everyone to feed them information.

Actually, I think you make a really good point there and that may be part of my issue, seems like people used to want to learn how to do stuff but now it all URGENT and do it for me ... and THEN not even a thanks which really jacks me up.

Thanks for the reply anyway, I appreciate it.

Curtis129

yeh, its true, everyone here dont even bother to look at the logic behind what vbulletin is doing..
like why would you set up a forum with this software and then not even want to know about it or how to do things yourself with it?

Grinderhand

Plzzz cud sum1 get me free hosting n setup vb super nulling on my host

n plzz tel how 2 put stuf on top ov post to make on left

n cud you bro plzz cum to my house n hold my peepee whyl i pee
It really does get ridiculous sometimes. I mean, sure, everyone has to start somewhere, but it is just so obvious with some of these posts that either the poster is extremely lazy and wants to be spoon fed the information they seek without even having to think about it OR they are so English-challenged that even when we manage to decipher what they are asking, many times they don't understand the answer, resulting in requests such as above.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not disparaging anyone who doesn't speak English, but it's a definite handicap when you're asking for advise through a translating site and getting the answer through the same site. I'm sure we've all seen the results of that debacle.

As long as everyone else is venting, just thought I'd throw in my pence FWIW.

h@ck3r

At the end of the day, and 'Announcement' is just that- An announcement, not a 'discussion', therefore the issue was 'announced'.

An announcement is not there for discussion. :)

Curtis129

that might be true, but we moved on from the announcement issue :p we were talking about how people just start a forum and then expect everything given to them.
theres also things to be said to people. DONT EFFING START A FORUM IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT!! set it up on like a free host or some bs, and search before you god damn ask sh*t. :p

Filez

My 2 cents worth...I have not been a member as long as most...but have been as active as I could be. Announcements are no concern to reply to...they are just as posted Announcements.

Now as far as questions from new members , noobs, intermediate, moderate , adanced is all good..my complaint on that is there lack of appreciation, respect and common curtesy. Not everyone will know the answer to everything and some answers we give may not be the right ones, but it is an honest effort to assist someone in the issue.

Now for themes, skins, gfx...no one showed me anything I followed what one person said and then created a test board and away I went...and learned alot of doing it my self. Im not perfect in anyway but what I do was self taught. Once I started ripping I asked a few staff here on suggestions and from there I did waht I could and when running into an error that I could not figure out I asked Hoxxy who has helped me greatly.

I will say no one on here has seen a post from me beging for anything or for someone to create my sites or stuff..and when I do ask for help I always give thanks and acknowledge the person who helped. We dont get that from most of the members here it's all about give me this, do this for me, do my gfx etc.

I have stopped providing stuff for the members here do to the above statement and getting flamed for something I busted butt on to provide. If i see someone who is legitmate and needs help I do it other than that I stay on my test board and port and rip and mess around with modifications.

I will say this until members change there ways anything I contribute will be slim if at all. It is a shame to be this way but im not a child or teenager nor in my 20's and respect and common curtsey is expected.