What Google looked like in 1998

eedarous

Check this out. I thought this was interesting. Check out what Google used to look like many years ago:http://web.archive.org/web/199812022304 ... oogle.com/Suprisingly it does not look all that different. They have pretty much stuck with the same plan from the start it appears (design wise). But in my opinion its great because its so simple! and it has obviously worked Thats unbelieveable! wow! they have come a long ways! when did they first launch? 1998?"But the dot-com parallels end when you look at the finances. The dot-bombs burned through tons of other people's money. Google makes a pile of cash on its own. After it went live in September 1999--six months before the Internet bubble finally popped--Google took in perhaps $25 million in 2000. Then it leaped fourfold to approach $100 million in 2001 and tripled to $300 million last year. Its gross could more than double this year to $700 million, estimates Safa Rashtchy of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray."Looks like it went live in September of 1999. So that archive is google before anybody really even knew about it.well, actually here is an even earlier edition of google before they even had the domain name... have a lookhttp://web.archive.org/web/199811111835 ... nford.edu/Very nice, I notice how they used to have that e-mail link so that you could get on their mailing list. That is amazing, nobody really even knew who they were then, and now everybody knows about them. It is kind of cool looking back to see how they started.that truly is amazing! in terms of graphics they haven't change much atall! haha they need a logo update! wonder if they'd hire me....anyway, daydream over. very cool links. archive.org is fun to browse.just thought it was interesting that all the links on the pages (such as the about page) drive to the 1999 versions of the pages...for example, in the credits, the nasa and darpa links drive to their 1999 websites...hee hee. I'm amused by the dumbest things.actually your not alone.. it amuses me too... but i cant begin to fathom the size of that database... even though the images are gone from most of the archived sites, it still has to be HUGEyes it does! I wondered that myself. seriously must be HUUUUUUUUGE! i just did a rough estimate on the calc, and at an average of 20Kb per page online, TIMES 3,083,000,000 (rounded down) pages found and spidered on google, that equals approx 61TB (Terra Bytes) (or 61,660,000,000,000 Bytes!!!)un believable!!Thats alot of hard drives!no kidding! how many actual servers you think they run?Now I am not a technical genious, but I wonder how they can search your search string you put in through 61 terabytes of information in so little time??? kinda makes you think eh?Rbeauit's absolutey unfathomable -- pure crazinessQuote: