warning Fatal error

d_robers

when i uploaded the vb 3.8.3 null version i renamed the folder to forums but when i typed in my website address i would have to type in as wxw.mywebsite.com/forums because wxw.mywebsite.com just gave me an error. i moved the entire contents of the forums folder to root to see if wxw.mywebsite.com would pull up my website but all i get is the following error.

Warning: require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/html/mywebsite/index.php on line 42

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/html/mywebsite/index.php on line 42

i did this after i installed HBD.Portal.v2.by.Hoxxybydesign and renamed my index.php file to forums.php and uploaded index.php file from HBD.Portal.v2.
what im i doing wrong?

Grinderhand

renamed my index.php file to forums.php

This is the cause. If you moved your entire forum back to the forum root after having set up the HBD portal, then the index.php that's being run when you init your site is the index.php for the portal, which is in turn looking for the forum files to be in /forums. Does this sound reasonable?

d_robers

Grinderhand said:
This is the cause. If you moved your entire forum back to the forum root after having set up the HBD portal, then the index.php that's being run when you init your site is the index.php for the portal, which is in turn looking for the forum files to be in /forums. Does this sound reasonable?

sounds reasonable so do i rename the files to their original names to get the errors fixed and delete HBD portal and reinstall or just move everything back to the forums folder. thanks

Grinderhand

Depends on whether you want the portal or not. If you decided against using it, then rename your forum.php to index.php and remove all the other portal files.

d_robers

Grinderhand said:
Depends on whether you want the portal or not. If you decided against using it, then rename your forum.php to index.php and remove all the other portal files.

since i had no content in my website i decided to delete everything and start over from scratch. insted of renameing the vb3.8.x upload folder to forums i just uploaded the contents of the folder to root. then i renamed the index.php file to forums.php and uploaded the portal index.php file to root.everything is ok now.