Video-Directory

GgAcE

Video-Directory - developed by vBPoint.org

What is this?

This add on gives your users the possibility to collect their favourite videos from some video-webpages (supported at the moment: MyVideo and YouTube) and to provide them in the forum. The videos can be commented and rated.

The Administrator has many possibilities of settings and can create video-categories and administrate the video-directory.

List of features:

* Completely integrated in vBulletin
* Many possibility of settings for the Administrator
o Many possibilities of settings
o permissions of usergroups
o Administration of categories
o Administration of video-webpages
+ Incl. import and export
* Very simple installation
* Homepage can be configured easily
* Videos are integrated in the forum
o Videos can be voted with AJAX
o Commets to videos can be posted
o Videos can be reported
o User can see other members watching the video at the same time
* Simple search-function
* Advanced WOL-integration
* Advanced vBSEO-integration

Installation:

1. Upload all files from the directory "root" (Keep the structure of folders)
2. The directory of videothumbnails and includes/videoserviceapi needs 777 permissions
3. Import the product-videodirectory.xml from the admin-controllpanel
4. After importing the product DON'T close the window, follow the installiton instructions!

History:

* 1.0.0 RC 1 - First release
* 1.0.0 RC 2 - Improvements and correcting some errors - many thanks to Hapi for reworking the templates!
* 1.0.0 RC 3 - Correting some bugs: 38409, 38496, 38548, 38611
* 1.1.0 Beta 1 - "Major Release"
o Correcting some bugs
o New: Search function
o New: Reporting funvtion for videos
o New: Import/export funtion for Video-Webpages
o New: Improvements for guests
o New: Best voted videos on Mainpage
o New: vBSEO-Integration
o New: Simplified installation
* 1.1.0 Beta 2 - Small Bugfix-Release
* 1.1.0 RC 1 - New Feature (Members who are watching the same video at video details page), Bugfixes (Missing File for comments added, vBSEO CRR fixed)

Roadmap for Version 1.2.0:

* Tag-function for videos
* Favourite Videos (AJAX)
* Watchlist (AJAX)
* User watching the same video at the moment - Added in Version 1.1.0 RC 1
* Video-comments per AJAX, to avoid reload
* "Video-Profile" for user
* Moderation
* New Videos in forumhome
* Integration in statistic-block in profile

Developer notes:

Do you want to enhance the video-directory, but some hooks are missing? Do you want to enhance the templates and you need some template-hooks? No Problem! Send a PM and the hooks will be integrated in the next version!

Developer-Blog:

Feel free to check out our Developer-Blog at vBPoint.org!

[mod]GgAcE wanted an admin note so here it is: Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons? [/mod]

GgAcE

I can also confirm this works on 3.7.3.

PM me if you want a working demo.

Enjoy & don't forget to click the thanks button!

zomgwtfbbq

Ok, I've installed the thing, got the developer key, created categories... now what?
edit: never mind found that the usergroup settings were all set to no, after fixing this the video link appeared in the navbar.

PiratesShip

when posting a video I get this message

Warning: fopen([path]/videothumbnails/YouTube/Ig40rCfaYPU.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/videoserviceapi/class_youtube.php on line 103

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in [path]/includes/videoserviceapi/class_youtube.php on line 104

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in [path]/includes/videoserviceapi/class_youtube.php on line 105

and thumbnails aren't generated!
any help?

CubAfull

there is a new version of this MOD... Video-Directory Version: 1.1.0 RC 2
Please download :
Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192241

Thank

newperson2008

i tried this earlier but didn't seem to like it much...
how do you add support for other sites like myspace,google,yahoo,etc? also we use our own flash video player to play videos from youtube but im wondering how the hell do you change the code for youtube player??? where do you change this and how do you add new players???

Koyuki88

CubAfull said:
there is a new version of this MOD... Video-Directory Version: 1.1.0 RC 2
Please download :
Code:
[url=http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192241]Video-Directory - vBulletin.org Forum[/url]
Thank
Any1 post this please

Itsuki Minami

newperson2008 said:
i tried this earlier but didn't seem to like it much...
how do you add support for other sites like myspace,google,yahoo,etc? also we use our own flash video player to play videos from youtube but im wondering how the hell do you change the code for youtube player??? where do you change this and how do you add new players???

that is the problem about video directory, when i was working with this tryin to add megavideo i noticed you need that the site you want to add has an API, for example youtube and myvideo.de both of them got an API, about changing the color of the player
you got to edit the google php file i don't remember in wich folder but it was at the end of the file where the html embended code was posted, anyway if you want more sites is better to use vbtube, altought i liked video directory 'cuz of the options, descriptions per category well i liked the whole way it displayed the info but i had to drop it 'cuz the limitations it has for modifying it...

vbuser49

Thanks for the hack GgAcE and Bluescorpion. This is in the description of the hack:
* New Videos in forumhome
Does this mean that you can have tumbnails in forumhome? If so does anyone know how to do it? Thanks.

Works in VB 3.8.2 BTW.