Video-Directory Remixed

MobileHacks

This modification is based on the Video-Directory modification by Survivor and vBPoint.org.

What is this mod?

This mod adds a fully featured and fully integrated video directory archive to your forums. Users can add their favorite videos from their favorite video service to the directory. I only support YouTube and YouTubeHD; but the hoster scripting is XML base, so any user can create their own scripts for any number of hosting services. The old MyVideo, Sevenload and Metacafe scripts from Survivor's version will still work, but they wont pull in Keyword/Tagging information, nor the video length time codes.

Basic Feature Listing:
  • Fully integrated into the vBulletin user database and product manager.
  • Fully phrased and built on templates for easy reskinning and styling.
  • Fully administratable and a myriad of settings for personalization.
  • Complete customization of permissions based on usergroups.
  • Landing page for broad information and fully featured tag cloud.
  • Category profiles for videos.
  • Contribution profiles for users.
  • Keyword profiles for tag cloud.
  • Built in comment system for videos.
  • Search function for titles and descriptions.
  • RSS feed of videos.
Product Demo: Installation Procedure:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" directory to your forum root.
  2. CHMOD /videothumbnails and /includes/videoserviceapi to 777.
  3. Import the product "product-videodirectory.xml" in your Product Manager.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions to configure your video hoster settings.
  5. Refresh your administration control panel to see the new navigation links.
Upgrade Procedure:
  1. Upload all files in the "upload" directory to your forum root.
  2. Take note of the information stored in Limits of Videos > General Settings.
  3. Import the product "product-videodirectory.xml" in your Product Manager.
  4. Re-establish your previous Limits settings in Videos > General Settings.
  5. Re-import ALL of your hosters and settings in Videos > Manage hosters.
NOTES:
You may lose your category dataman when you upgrade. If no categories are listed after an upgrade, you will be required to rebuild your category dataman. Its very easy to rebuild it if you need to. Simply go into Videos > Manage categories, select ANY category and hit [Edit], then click [Save]. Your category dataman will automatically be rebuilt.
Roadmap for the Future:
  • AJAX handling of video comments (to avoid refresh during playback)

bandare

how do you add other providers, such as VIMEO?

I also wanted to add a link in the navbar to the video area. I thought this was possible from the general settings where it asks for Templatehook for Navbarlink but I am not sure what to put there. Any help?

Also, when adding a HD youtube video and then seeing it played, the video window appears small and not HD or the same size it is at youtube. Any fix for this?

It installed very easily and working great, thanks.

bandare

bandare said:
how do you add other providers, such as VIMEO?

I also wanted to add a link in the navbar to the video area. I thought this was possible from the general settings where it asks for Templatehook for Navbarlink but I am not sure what to put there. Any help?

Also, when adding a HD youtube video and then seeing it played, the video window appears small and not HD or the same size it is at youtube. Any fix for this?

It installed very easily and working great, thanks.

bump? any answers?

Itsuki Minami

if you mean it this would make a query each time it loads well as every script yes, 'cuz it need to download and display the info about the videos and the video it self about if it makes heavy server load no, is pretty fast and at least for me works like a charm

Actually i'm trying to make new video sites for VDR for now the problem are the thumbnails some times xD is a bad thing that the script are based in API xDD ;D

@Bandare:

You got the name of the mod go to google put the name of the hack and it will pull the page of the product like this and check the change log:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1702763