vBSEO Team contacted me!

shaise

Hey guys,
I just wanted to share my bad experience and to let you know about this, so I can save somebody's else future headaches.
So, I did installed the vBSEO 3.2.0 GYSN release and somehow on the very second day the member of vBSEO team furiously contacted me. Somehow, they cracked my restrictions(ID registrations) and they register themselves as an Admin(IP: 24.139.108.214). Still, can't explain to myself how this happen'. They forced me to remove the entire script, so I surrender :(
Here's their letter so far(click the the bar to enlarge):
--------

358nxty.jpg

This is not a "crying-moron" complain or so, but "make-sure-your-ass-is-safe" post. We all love vBTeam and GYSN buddies, and because we do support their enormous effort to provide us with such products, I thought that the same must know about above.
Thank you!

P.S. SpeedRazor, I was waiting for ya today to show up at MSN, but unfortunately I didn't have the chance to talk with you about it. Please, take the above as a future fixing-code consideration, because it looks like the code hasn't been 100% nulled and they'll fuck all of us, if so! Btw, I'm not going to be surprised if we have a traitors here. KILL'EM ALL!

nexia

Hum, you were fooled by someone else man, because vbSEO guys are not acting like that at all...

vbSEO have no crack to enter your vBulletin administration and register themselves as admin... even the Jelsoft guys can not do it, due to the license agreement -- even if your board is pirated. You may have to check if someone else is playing with you...

the last time i received a piracy violation notice from Crawlability/vbSEO, it was a simple email from them AND a notice from my host, telling me that i was breaking their copyright, and my host was ready to drop my account because of that... this notice is different...

shaise

Who can be and why he/she is doing it? I see no reason...I mean, I don't have a huge forum community if its about jealousy. Btw, I see a similar one here.
See their response:

2hgfds8.jpg

What do you think, guys?

bulletin

i myself use vbseo now for more than 6 months, but never received any email yet from jelsoft or even vbseo piracy team, may be you or your members are promoting site thats the reason they might have come to know about your site, you should make your site registration through invitation based, and next time use offshore host for your forum, they cannot force you to remove vbseo or vbulletin software, if you are on offshore host, as DMCA complaints does not apply there. Hope this will help you.

GermanPlaya

Joe Ward from vBSEO wrote this:

We actually have 2 new integrated systems in place that are proprietary to Crawlability Inc. Using both system, we are now detecting to an accuracy of 100% of ALL users of pirated versions (including "nulled"), and also the "distributors".

There have been several forums using our software unauthorized. However, we have not made contact with all of them yet. For those awaiting communications from us, it should be known that they have NOT flown under the radar. All unauthorized users will be required to become licensed to avoid further action.

By January 2009, ALL pirated users will have been in direct contact with us. We encourage those of you with unlicensed copies to get a license or remove vBSEO before this time.

NOW IT'S TIME TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR "OWN" ONE. A WORD THAT ONLY YOU CAN KNOW, THEN THEY CAN NEVER CATCH YOU...

.v0id

yes, it's easy to crawl and search for ./vbseo.php or ./xyzseo.php

if I will find some time, I might write a tool for all of us that changes the name of the script, so crawling for EfsA367Wad__my_great_vbseo.php won't be as easy ;)

anyway, if I won't get this app done, then someone else will or just ask others how to make your own custom version.

GermanPlaya

.v0id said:
yes, it's easy to crawl and search for ./vbseo.php or ./xyzseo.php

if I will find some time, I might write a tool for all of us that changes the name of the script, so crawling for EfsA367Wad__my_great_vbseo.php won't be as easy ;)

anyway, if I won't get this app done, then someone else will or just ask others how to make your own custom version.

it's not that hard, you just need some time to rename it with psp pad or something like that. i did that, too. but i released the x2yzseo version. my own one is really custom (my own custom). But if you release a script, that would be really nice, and easy for other people...