vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2 Released

Duuuhhude

Badvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2 has just been released and is now available in the Members' Area here. In addition to correcting any known bugs, there are also a few new features and options, which are as follows:

* When adding a new template page, there is now a place to include the content for the template (similar to when adding a template module).
* New setting in the Recent Threads module to allow you to display the "first new post" image linking members to the first unread post in the thread.
* New settings in the News module allowing you to enable/disable displaying the number of replies and views.
* Integration method updated to include the top portion of the template including all code before the <body> tag (helpful for integrating pages that require custom javascript or other code in their <head> tags).
* When uploading a module, it is now possible to select multiple styles to install the templates to.
* In addition to the ability to preview BB code modules and pages, you may now preview PHP file and template modules/pages as well.
* The "Modules Enabled" section when adding/editing a page will now split into multiple rows if you have more than 3 locations, preventing the custom columns from stretching the page.
* When deleting pages, it now checks to see if the page has been used in integration and allows you to remove that page from your integration settings before deletion (prevents a problem where deleting a page used in integration results in a "No page specified" error message in the files the page was integrated with).
* New "Diagnostics" link in the Admin CP that will scan for missing module files, incorrect URL settings, and outdated CMPS files on your server.
* The majority of the code to process module has been moved into a plugin that is called in the vBulletin print_output() function, preventing modules integrated with vBulletin pages from being unnecessarily processed on page redirects and other times when they are not needed.
* If a module is saved with the "Apply Forum Permissions" setting enabled, but the "Initialize Forum Permissions" setting disabled, the "Initialize Forum Permissions" setting will automatically be enabled as forum permissions may not work properly otherwise.
* Links added to the navbar template via hooks (or the $template_hook variables) will now have the Navbar Replacements function run on them, allowing you to update these links via the Navbar Replacements setting.

File Changes Since 3.0 RC1:

* admincp\vba_cmps_admin.php
* admincp\vbacmps_install.php
* clientscript\vba_cmps_admin.js
* includes\xml\cpnav_vbacmps.xml
* includes\xml\hooks_vbacmps.xml
* includes\vba_cmps_adminfunctions.php
* includes\vba_cmps_global.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_bottom.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_output.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_top.php
* modules\currentpoll.php
* modules\news.php
* modules\onlineusers.php
* modules\recentthreads.php
* modules\stats.php
* modules\welcomeblock.php

Template Changes Since 3.0 RC1:

* adv_portal
* adv_portal_archivebits_exp
* adv_portal_archivebits_lean
* adv_portal_newsbits
* adv_portal_pollresult
* adv_portal_recthreads_exp
* adv_portal_recthreads_lean

Duuuhhude

Badvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2 has just been released and is now available in the Members' Area here. In addition to correcting any known bugs, there are also a few new features and options, which are as follows:

* When adding a new template page, there is now a place to include the content for the template (similar to when adding a template module).
* New setting in the Recent Threads module to allow you to display the "first new post" image linking members to the first unread post in the thread.
* New settings in the News module allowing you to enable/disable displaying the number of replies and views.
* Integration method updated to include the top portion of the template including all code before the <body> tag (helpful for integrating pages that require custom javascript or other code in their <head> tags).
* When uploading a module, it is now possible to select multiple styles to install the templates to.
* In addition to the ability to preview BB code modules and pages, you may now preview PHP file and template modules/pages as well.
* The "Modules Enabled" section when adding/editing a page will now split into multiple rows if you have more than 3 locations, preventing the custom columns from stretching the page.
* When deleting pages, it now checks to see if the page has been used in integration and allows you to remove that page from your integration settings before deletion (prevents a problem where deleting a page used in integration results in a "No page specified" error message in the files the page was integrated with).
* New "Diagnostics" link in the Admin CP that will scan for missing module files, incorrect URL settings, and outdated CMPS files on your server.
* The majority of the code to process module has been moved into a plugin that is called in the vBulletin print_output() function, preventing modules integrated with vBulletin pages from being unnecessarily processed on page redirects and other times when they are not needed.
* If a module is saved with the "Apply Forum Permissions" setting enabled, but the "Initialize Forum Permissions" setting disabled, the "Initialize Forum Permissions" setting will automatically be enabled as forum permissions may not work properly otherwise.
* Links added to the navbar template via hooks (or the $template_hook variables) will now have the Navbar Replacements function run on them, allowing you to update these links via the Navbar Replacements setting.

File Changes Since 3.0 RC1:

* admincp\vba_cmps_admin.php
* admincp\vbacmps_install.php
* clientscript\vba_cmps_admin.js
* includes\xml\cpnav_vbacmps.xml
* includes\xml\hooks_vbacmps.xml
* includes\vba_cmps_adminfunctions.php
* includes\vba_cmps_global.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_bottom.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_output.php
* includes\vba_cmps_include_top.php
* modules\currentpoll.php
* modules\news.php
* modules\onlineusers.php
* modules\recentthreads.php
* modules\stats.php
* modules\welcomeblock.php

Template Changes Since 3.0 RC1:

* adv_portal
* adv_portal_archivebits_exp
* adv_portal_archivebits_lean
* adv_portal_newsbits
* adv_portal_pollresult
* adv_portal_recthreads_exp
* adv_portal_recthreads_lean

HiddenEvil

Galeras said:
oh! Great, i was using very old version full of bugs. Do i need do to anything different on upgrading?

uplaod all files in the lastest V3.0 rar\zip file, then overwrite them and then do the update. I've done this to my forum and it works perfect

kahn

fodao br said:
who do i get vbadvanced as default? it's currently showing index

Q. I use my forums in the root directory, how can i also use vBadvanced?

A.
Step 1
Rename vB's default index.php to forums.php or forum.php or ANYTHING.php

Step 2
Login to your Admin CP and go to vBulletin Options > Forums Home Page Options > Script Name for Forum Home Page
Change this to match what you called your default vBulletin index file. Do not include the .php extension though as it's not nessary.
Save the options.

Step 3
Rename your cmps_index.php file to index.php.

[CMPS] Q. My forums are in the root directory, how can i also use vBadvanced? - vBadvanced Forums

ducman998

I can't get the venise style to integrate into the CMPS. The other styles (at least the four others I've tested out) are fine but nothing but the css seems to show up on index.php when I use the venise style. Does anyone have a solution or a reason why it would be doing this?

Update: same issue when I use the mechanical style as well.

ducman998

ducman998 said:
I can't get the venise style to integrate into the CMPS. The other styles (at least the four others I've tested out) are fine but nothing but the css seems to show up on index.php when I use the venise style. Does anyone have a solution or a reason why it would be doing this?

Update: same issue when I use the mechanical style as well.

This helped me fix it (fairly quickly):
Displaying the style outside of the forum - GFXstyles

SakuraKaze

kahn said:
Q. I use my forums in the root directory, how can i also use vBadvanced?

A.
Step 1
Rename vB's default index.php to forums.php or forum.php or ANYTHING.php

Step 2
Login to your Admin CP and go to vBulletin Options > Forums Home Page Options > Script Name for Forum Home Page
Change this to match what you called your default vBulletin index file. Do not include the .php extension though as it's not nessary.
Save the options.

Step 3
Rename your cmps_index.php file to index.php.

[CMPS] Q. My forums are in the root directory, how can i also use vBadvanced? - vBadvanced Forums

thanks for this...
by the way where to find default settings/modify settings at admincp left fram?

deekz27

Is there a vbadvanced version supported for vb3.7.2 ?

When attempting to install this version of vbadvanced it says,
"you are attempting to install vbadvanced to an older version of vbulletin than 3.6.0 ....and Im using 3.7.2

Any help?

Thanks,
deekz27

bluescorpion

Open /admincp/vbacmps_install.php around line 33

if (substr($vbulletin->options['templateversion'], 0, 3) != 3.6)

you need to change it to :

if (substr($vbulletin->options['templateversion'], 0, 3) != 3.7)

buzzybuzz23

Hi there,

I'm trying to install this script at a Vbulletin version 3.7.3 and recieve an error after opening the install file..

>>
It appears that you are trying to install the vBulletin 3.6 version of vBadvanced CMPS on an older version of vBulletin.
Please go back to vbadvanced.com and download the version of vBadvanced CMPS that corresponds to your version of vBulletin, or upgrade to vBulletin 3.6 before proceeding.
>>

Is there an other oppertunity to get it work on 3.7.3?

Thank you verry much for your help!