vB Global Translator

lordsyntax

Could i ask for the vB Global Translator addon please?
Link to the addon:
Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=217329

Thanks in advance

lovely_boy

vB Global Translator

I would like to give special thanks to NLP-er for his help and support taking this MOD a step closer to its goal. Thank you!

So what does this do?

vB Global Translator automatically translates your forum into 28 other languages via the Google translate API, stores those translations in a MySQL database then rewrites new URLs so you end up with 28 new pages in 28 new languages for every current page.

So, if you have 10,000 pages, this MOD will translate those pages into 28 languages making a total of 280,000 pages in 28 languages. This results in a flood of international traffic and referrals from the search engines. If you are getting 1,000 visits a day from your 10,000 pages imagine how many referrals you will get from 280,000 pages!

The current languages this MOD works with are all supported and allowed by AdSense so you can expect your income to rise accordingly without issue. I have this running on a 20,000 thread forum and after a few months I have more than doubled my search engine traffic.

LIVE DEMO

How do I Install?

Note - This script uses cURL, make sure it is installed and enabled on your server. If in doubt ask your host.

Download the zip and open it, if you are using standard vBulletin URLs (like vbulletin.org) use that folder for your base files. If you are using mod-rewrite vBSEO URLs (like vbseo.com) then use that folders files.

You need to add a new MySQL database to your domain to store the translated pages. Setup the database in your domain control panel. Open the database in phpmyadmin or similar and run the following query's to import the tables.

First you need to add a new MySQL database to your domain to store the translated pages. Setup the database in your domain control panel. Open the database in phpmyadmin or similar and run the following query's to import the tables.

Code:
CREATE TABLE wt_cache (
id INT AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
tl VARCHAR(10),
originaltext VARCHAR(65000),
translated TEXT,
INDEX(originaltext(323), tl)
) ENGINE = MYISAM, CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

CREATE TABLE wt_cache_medium (
tl VARCHAR(10),
originaltext VARCHAR(255),
translated VARCHAR(1000),
INDEX (originaltext, tl)
) ENGINE = MYISAM, CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

CREATE TABLE wt_cache_short (
tl VARCHAR(10),
originaltext VARCHAR(50),
translated VARCHAR(255),
INDEX (originaltext, tl)
) ENGINE = MYISAM, CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Next open translate.php, we need to change a few variables to make this work, they are all at the top of the file.

Add your new database details in the relevant fields.

Code:
$dbusername = "dbusername";
$dbpassword = "dbpassword";
$mysqlserver = "localhost";
$dbname = "dbname";

Now change $originalEncoding variable to match your forum base encoding. The default is English (iso-8859-1). You can find your default by viewing the source of one of your forum pages, it is at the top.

Next, change the $fl setting to also match your forum base language. The default again is english (en). If different swap with the relevent code from the table below.

Code:
"ar"=>"Arabic",
"bg"=>"Bulgarian",
"zh-CN"=>"Chinese (Simplified",
"zh-TW"=>"Chinese (Traditional)",
"hr"=>"Croatian",
"cs"=>"Czech",
"da"=>"Danish",
"nl"=>"Dutch",
"en"=>"English",
"fi"=>"Finnish",
"fr"=>"French",
"de"=>"German",
"el"=>"Greek",
"iw"=>"Hebrew",
"hu"=>"Hungarian",
"it"=>"Italian",
"ja"=>"Japanese",
"ko"=>"Korean",
"no"=>"Norwegian",
"pl"=>"Polish",
"pt"=>"Portuguese",
"ro"=>"Romanian",
"ru"=>"Russian",
"sr"=>"Serbian",
"sk"=>"Slovak",
"es"=>"Spanish",
"sv"=>"Swedish",
"th"=>"Thai",
"tr"=>"Turkish",

Next save translate.php and open translateflags.php.

You need to comment out the flag for your base language otherwise you can cause duplicate URLs for those pages and this can be bad for SEO.

All the flags are on separate lines in alpha order, find your language and add <!-- to the start and --> to the end of the line.

eg; <!-- language flag code -->

Upload both files to your forum root, if your forums are in a /forums/ folder, subdomain or similar upload the files there. Upload the flags folder to your domain root, thats the domain root.

In your vBulletin admin panel add a new plugin with the following settings.

Hook Location: global_complete
Title: vB Global Translator
Execution Order: 50
Plugin PHP Code:

Code:
// Enable UTF-8 characters
if(isset($_GET['hl'])) {
$output = str_replace('lang="en"', 'lang="'.$_GET['hl'].'"', $output); 
 header ('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
// Keep remainders of <style and <script tags!
    $time = time(); // Unique Tag Identifier!
    preg_match_all('|<script[^>]*>(.*?)</script>|si', $output,$scripttags, PREG_SET_ORDER);
    for($i=0;$i<count($scripttags);$i++)
    {
        $output = str_replace($scripttags[$i][0], "<a name=\"$i\"></a>",$output);
    }       
    //preg_match_all("<style[^>]*>.*</style>",$buffer,$styletags);
    preg_match_all('|<style[^>]*>(.*?)</style>|si',$output,$styletags);
    for($i=0;$i<count($styletags);$i++)
    {
        $output = str_replace($styletags[1][$i], "<a name=\"s$i\"></a>",$output);
    }
$output = str_replace("&nbsp;", "<&nbsp;>", $output);
require_once("translate.php");
$output=callback($output);
$output = str_replace("<&nbsp;>", "&nbsp;", $output);
// Place back remainders of <style and <script tags!
    for($i=0;$i<count($styletags);$i++)
    {
        $output = str_replace("<a name=\"s$i\"></a>", $styletags[1][$i], $output);
    }
    for($i=0;$i<count($scripttags);$i++)
    {
        $output = str_replace("<a name=\"$i\"></a>",$scripttags[$i][0] ,$output);
    }

// Translate META tags.
preg_match_all("|<meta[^>]+name=\"([^\"]*)\"[^>]" . "+content=\"([^\"]*)\"[^>]+>|i",$output, $out,PREG_PATTERN_ORDER);
$meta = array();
for ($i=0;$i < count($out[1]);$i++) {
        if (strtolower($out[1][$i]) == "keywords") $meta['keywords'] = $out[2][$i];
        if (strtolower($out[1][$i]) == "description") $meta['description'] = $out[2][$i];
    }

// Start replacing the original META tags with translated tags.
$output=str_replace("<meta name=\"description\" content=\"".$meta['description']."\" />","<meta name=\"description\" content=\"".html_entity_decode(callback($meta['description']))."\" />",$output);
$output=str_replace("<meta name=\"keywords\" content=\"".$meta['keywords']."\" />","<meta name=\"keywords\" content=\"".html_entity_decode(callback($meta['keywords']))."\" />",$output);
}

Save the plugin and activate.

In your vBulletin admin panel add another new plugin with the following settings.

Hook Location: global_start
Title: vB Global Translator Flags
Execution Order: 5
Plugin PHP Code:

Code:
ob_start();
  include('translateflags.php');
  $translateflags = ob_get_contents();
  ob_end_clean();

Save and activate.

Finally add the code below to your template so the flags to select languages appear. This is typically the header, navbar or footer so that they display on every page. You can wrap the in an if condition if you want to just show them on just thread pages or certain forums.

Code:
<!-- vBGT Code Start-->
<div align="center">
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->
$translateflags
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</div>
<!-- vBGT Code End -->
To test the system translate a few pages and make sure your database tables are filling with data. View them in phpmyadmin.

That's it.

I would like to give special thanks to NLP-er for his help and support taking this MOD a step closer to its goal, the new database coding credits all go to him. If you want to show your appreciation contact him for all donations including donations for credit removal.