Using XML to query MS Access Database with SQL sintax (witho

wxdqz

Hi all

Is there a way to query a Access Database with SQL code with out having to pay a kings ransom on SQL Server?

I am very new to this and the data access page that access has coded can not add SQL code to the ASP page I have created.

I am using Java script for this, so I striped away all the JavaScript so that it help you too.

What I am trying to achieve is when the site visitor clicks on a list box it will return a number that relates to what user clicked on, this number is a primary key field in the table

all fields that I have posted below will have the same criteria ( the Primary key Number) from the same table tbl_Web_calender.

Event_Number is the primary key in the table.

I could make the SQL with Access But all I need to know is
how am I going to get the code to look at the SQL and get the right record to show in the web page?

<a:ElementID>Event_Description</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Event_Description</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Event_Description_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>Event_Number</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Event_Number</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Event_Number_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>Location</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Location</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Location_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>Event_Time</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Event_Time</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Event_Time_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>Event_Date</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Event_Date</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Event_Date_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>After_event_Descrip</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>After_event_Descrip</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>After_event_Descrip_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:ElementExtension><a:ElementID>Event_Heading36</a:ElementID><a:ControlSource>Event_Heading36</a:ControlSource><a:ChildLabel>Event_Heading36_Label</a:ChildLabel></a:ElementExtension>
<a:GroupLevel><a:RecordSource>qry_Web_Event_Discription</a:RecordSource><a:DefaultSort></a:DefaultSort><a:HeaderElementId></a:HeaderElementId><a:FooterElementId></a:FooterElementId><a:CaptionElementId></a:CaptionElementId>
<a:RecordNavigationElementId></a:RecordNavigationElementId><a:DataPageSize>1</a:DataPageSize></a:GroupLevel>
<a:Datamodel version="0816">
<a:SchemaRowsource id="tbl_Web_calender" type="dscTable">
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Number" datatype="3" size="0" iskey="1"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Heading" datatype="202" size="50"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Location" datatype="202" size="50"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Time" datatype="7" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Date" datatype="7" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Description" datatype="203" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="After_event_Descrip" datatype="203" size="0"/></a:SchemaRowsource>
<a:SchemaRowsource id="qry_Web_Event_Discription" type="dscView">
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Description" datatype="203" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Heading" datatype="202" size="50"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Date" datatype="7" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Event_Time" datatype="7" size="0"/>
<a:SchemaField id="Location" datatype="202" size="50"/>
<a:SchemaField id="After_event_Descrip" datatype="203" size="0"/></a:SchemaRowsource>

<a:RecordsetDef id="qry_Web_Event_Discription">
<a:pageField id="Event_Description"/>
<a:pageField id="Event_Heading37" source="Event_Heading"/>
<a:pageField id="Location1" source="Location"/>
<a:pageField id="Event_Time1" source="Event_Time"/>
<a:pageField id="Event_Date1" source="Event_Date"/>

<a:pageRowsource id="tbl_Web_calender" lookupsource="qry_Web_Event_Discription" relationship="Relationship1">
<a:pageField id="Event_Number"/><a:pageField id="Event_Heading36" source="Event_Heading"/>
<a:pageField id="Location"/>
<a:pageField id="Event_Time"/>
<a:pageField id="Event_Date"/>
<a:pageField id="After_event_Descrip"/>
<a:RelatedField primary="Event_Heading36" foreign="Event_Heading37"/>
<a:RelatedField primary="Location" foreign="Location1"/>
<a:RelatedField primary="Event_Time" foreign="Event_Time1"/>
<a:RelatedField primary="Event_Date" foreign="Event_Date1"/>
</a:pageRowsource></a:RecordsetDef>

Your help is so much appreciated, thanks