Using document.create and adding elements to a div

Jongusmoe

Editing this question as a bit of a rewrite.Say on a page I have my usual 3 files. css, html, js.I've added a div class to the css but not the HTML.CSS:\[code\]div#myClass{width:100%;}div.forDynamicContent{/*whatever*/}\[/code\]Heres some html\[code\]<div id="myClass"> <!-- In here is where I would like to dynamically add my dynamicContent div and the elements within it--></div>\[/code\]Now heres the tricky bit:(Ignore any spelling mistakes or small things. Its hard written, not copied)Javascript:var parentElement = document.getElementsById("myClass");\[code\]var textElement = document.createElement("input");textElement.setAttribute("type", "textarea");textElement.setAttribute("value", "textarea");textElement.setAttribute("name", "textarea");parentElement.appendChild(textElement);console.log("textAreaCreated");\[/code\]This adds an element to the html and the final result in the html is something like this.\[code\]<div id="myClass"> <textArea name="textarea" type="textarea">textArea</textArea></div>\[/code\]What Im trying to do is have the output be like the following:\[code\]<div id="myClass"> <div class="forDynamicContent"> <textArea name="textarea" type="textarea">textArea</textArea> </div></div>\[/code\]So basically I want to systematically create the div based on whats in the css file and then populate it. I really hope this is a lot clearer than the last part of the question****************************************************************Reqjust having trouble with this one. When creating elements and adding them to something, how do I create a div and specify them to be inside said div.My JAVASCRIPT for creating 2 elements\[code\]function addMyCustomElementsToDiv(newElementNameSrc,newElementType,elementsClass,idOfWhereYouWantIt){//target where you want the object placedvar foo = document.getElementById(idOfWhereYouWantIt);console.log(foo);//create the buttonvar t = document.getElementById(newElementNameSrc);var newElementName =t.value;var element = document.createElement("input");element.setAttribute("type", newElementType);element.setAttribute("value", newElementName);element.setAttribute("name", newElementName);element.setAttribute("id", newElementName);element.setAttribute("class", elementsClass);// Define the onclick commandvar onClickCommand = "shanesViewColumnInfo('"+newElementName+"');";console.log(onClickCommand);//element.setAttribute("onclick",onClickCommand);foo.appendChild(element);console.log(newElementType.toString() +" added");//add the columnInfo specified by Shekvar backButton = document.createElement("button");backButton.setAttribute("type", "button");backButton.setAttribute("value", newElementName+"-back-button");backButton.setAttribute("name", newElementName+"-back-button");backButton.setAttribute("class","comments-box","column-information");backButton.setAttribute("id",newElementName +"-back-button");foo.appendChild(backButton);\[/code\]You may notice there is already an element called foo which is the parent element. But this will not suit if i set it to the div as the div only exists in the CSS and has no html implementation.I realize the goal might sound a bit hazy so hopefully this will clarify.1:click button2:add div element to HTML2:create number of elements4:Add them to within the created div I suppose 2 is the one I might be slipping up on.http://programming.top54u.com/Sampl...M/Create-Div-Element-Dynamically/Default.aspxafter looking at this. Perhaps a better way to go would be to create the div and then set the InnerHtml to be all element.toHTML()Any thoughts?