Using Div columns for text overflow

liunx

Ok, I know this is possible, because I read all about it on this website someone showed me, but I can't find the site again for the life of me.

What they did it they had a huge article and set up 2 or 3 div's to a certain width or something so that the text would fill up each column with the same amount of text no matter how much text there was. So if the text got changed later he never had to change where the text went because the css did it for him.

I hope that makes sence...

If anyone know where that site is or how to do that or another site that would be great!

Thanks

KatrinaProbably did some server-side processing to break the text into 3 more-or-less equal strings, then output them into successive DIVs. Possibly could be done with JavaScript, too, but then you have the problem with the 10% or so of site visitors who do not have JS enabled. There's no way to automatically split it just using HTML/CSS.no, i know it wasn't done with javascript. It was done with css and html....

If I find it I'll post it but I don't know if I will....If you're thinking of newspaper style column breaks then that's not supported by any current browser AFAIK. If you're thinking of matched column heights then the Holy Grail article on A List Apart talks about that as does the older Faux Columns.