Upgrading Ipb V 1.2 To Latest

liunx

I'm running an IPB board on my site (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hamstertime.net">www.hamstertime.net</a><!-- w -->), which I installed through cPanel so it's version 1.2. My site gets a high level of traffic when it's active, so I'm a little bit worried that IPB 1.2 won't be able to handle it. With that in mind I've decided to pay to upgrade to the latest version of IPB.<br /><br />Before I shell out the money, though, I wanted to confirm that TCH meets the minimum requirements stated by Invision:<br /><br />"Invision Power Board requires PHP 4.3+ and either MySQL 3.23+ (4.x highly recommended), MSSQL or Oracle 9i for database storage. MySQL 5.x not yet supported."<br /><br />Also, if anyone has converted their 1.2 board to the latest version and can give me an idea of how difficult a process this might be, I'd appreciate any guidance. I'm especially interested in what "steps" I should take when trying to upgrade, helpful hints, etc.<!--content-->
We are running a 2.0+ version of IPB for this forum on a TCH server. So yes, the servers meet the requirements.<br /><br />Maybe Dick can chime in on the conversion.<!--content-->
Once you have your hands on v2 it will contain instructions on how to make the change.<br />This basically consists of deleting your v1 files with the exception of your config file and a couple of directories. I don't recommend doing it this way though, so here is how I do these upgrades.<br /><br />Backup the database.<br />Create a new directory such as "forumtemp"<br />Upload the new version to "forumtemp"<br />Copy current version of conf_global.php and the uploads directory to "forumtemp"<br />*there is also an images directory you may want to grab<br />Rename the current forums directory<br />Rename "forum temp" to where your v1 was located<br />Run the upgrade tool and just follow the instructions from there.<br /><br />Don't forget that you will lose any mods you have installed. Good luck and we are here if you get stuck.<!--content-->