Timed Hyperlink Target Changes

liunx

I need some help, it seems I'm getting over my head here. I am trying to develop a script, preferably javascript, to change the target of a hyperlink on two hour intervals. The big picture is that I am in the process of making several m3u files so I can psuedo stream audio content from my webpage. My idea is to set these up in an array and have them randomly picked every two hours so it wouls appear to be a true streaming. The next step would be to reactivate the hyperlink to the m3uy file so that someone listening for a time would not have to restart their media player to get the next m3u file. I been tinkering with some javascript but can only figure out the randomly picked target and I think I can get the timer part woking but putting ir all together seems daunting to me.<br /><br />Thank you for any help<br />Subdeacon William<!--content-->
Just like lawyers do in preparation for a case, the secret to good coding is not knowing everything, but knowing where to look to get the pieces you need and then putting them together in new ways:<br /><br />ht*p://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/songmenu.html<br /><br />plus<br /><br />ht*p://www.sean.co.uk/a/webdesign/javascriptdelay.shtm<br /><br /><br />Should get you on the right track.<!--content-->
You'd probably be better of using a PHP script as Javascript is dependant on a lot of variables at the users end. Just make the link point to the PHP script and make the PHP script then forward them to the correct M3U file.<!--content-->