There's no '#' sign on my mac keyboard

liunx

Got to do an invoice - American address - got to type '#4E' - I do all my invoicing target="_blank">http://my.simmons.edu/services/technology/...en-keyboard.pdf<!--content-->
Well, I have three Macs, and each has a different keyboard.<br /><br />1 has a ? one has a Euro, the other has a HASH!!! Eeeeek.<br /><br />Anyhow, to get the keyboard viewer in OSX (I'm in Leopard, but I guess this is backwards compatible...)<br /><br />1. Open system prefs<br />2. Go to the 'international' prefs pane<br />3. Hit the 'Input Menu' tab<br />4. At the top, there's a list of items to include in the input menu. Choose the 'character palette' and 'Keyboard viewer' (i.e. check their boxes)<br />5. At the bottom of the page is a checkbox: 'Show input menu in menu bar'. Check it.<br />6. Back in the tabs, go to Language, and make sure you select your *native* languages<br /><br /><br />Now, after quitting system prefs, you'll see a little flag up in the right area of your menu bar. Click it, and there should be an option for 'keyboard viewer'. You can modify the view by holding modifier keys on your real keyboard, like shift or alt.<br /><br />The other item in the menu dropdown is the character pallette... VERY handy for hunting down glyphs in various typefaces.<br /><br />Enjoy!<!--content-->