Set window size when launching MS Word

zyuong

I am using classic ASP to download data from my web server into a word document. I am using the following headers in my ASP script to accomplish this...\[code\] Response.ContentType = "application/msword" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=gbResults.doc" Response.write("<html " & _ "xmlns:eek:='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice' " & _ "xmlns:w='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:word'" & _ "xmlns='http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40'>") Response.write "<xml>" & _ "<w:WordDocument>" & _ "<w:View>Print</w:View>" & _ "<w:Zoom>90</w:Zoom>" & _ "<w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/>" & _ "</w:WordDocument>" & _ "</xml>" & _ \[/code\]The data I retrieve from my database is generated by this script following the above code and it successfully downloads the data and opens an instance of MS Word that contains the data returned...fully formatted for the user. This is working as expected.My question...is it possible to open the instance of word so that the window is not maximized? We would like to keep the main browser in view because some users are thinking that they have left the application running in the browser because they can't see it when word is maximized.Of course we do not know what browser the end user will employ so an solution that is cross browser compatible is what we're looking for.I was unable to find a solution via xml, java or asl so far in my research. Any help is greatly appreciated.