SEO and Google importance

votannene

What are the importance of each of these factors...1. number of sites linking to you2. number of sites with high PR linking to you3. number of sites with high PR with same keywords as you linking to you4. keyword optimization on your pages5. amount of traffic your site is gettingwhat are the other basic factors that I didn't include?I think no-one has answered this post because its all just speculation as to what the correct answer is. Also, I think the correct answer would change occasionally from Google-update to google-update. If I _were_ to hazard a guess though, I'd say the importance for the above points would be: 3, 2, 1, 4, 5homer simpson wrote:what is the difference between a regular keyword and an anchored keyword?Anchored means the keyword is part of a link.For example, 'philippine' is an anchored keyword in my signature.BompaI think that keyword optimization would be the most important and then the other 3 are alike because you want to get them all, links from high PR'd sites pointing to you using your top keywords in the link.This will then in turn bring you more traffic.Besides that, get listed in directories including DMOZ, Joeant, Yahoo and others. Also it is always a good idea to subscribe your URL to Inktomi for your site to be in MSN.One more thing on anchor text and why it is important. An example is if you did a search for "miserable failure" on Google. Look at number #1. Do you think they phrase is anywhere in that site? No, its only there because many other sites used that phrase in their anchor text that linked to the site.Keywords/phrases are most important with regard to what searches you appear in.Your PR (number of links to you, and the PR of those sites linking to you - I don't necessarily think similarly keyworded referrals are important, but they could be) is most important with regard to how high you rate in those searches - although, content is always key. It doesn't matter if you are #1 in your desired search phrase. If you don't have something people want, they're just gonna click the back button and go to the next search.Quote:I agree with you totally that this is not good in Google's eyes, but it does show that keyword usage in anchor text plays a part in your ranking for that keyword.Before the last google update I was almost convinced that some kind of topic sensitive algorithm was playing a part (i.e., the topic of the sites linking to you). But after this last one, it doesn't seem to matter too much where the links are coming from.Hi Pompei,I'm convinved that Google Algorithm is able to assess the quality of a link, ie what the page is about, and if it's worth anything.. No tangible proof there, but if you review the links of several sites, you may get this feeling.webcertain wrote:Oh and while we are on the subject of keyworded anchors, if anyone could use say 500 extra IBL's or more, let me know in PM here Anyone could use IBL, but not from any pages..