Remove copyright of vBCredits.. Njoy

SupremeBoss

Remove the copyright of a popular hack vBCredits from your vBulletin

I found that all who have installed vBCredits hack on their vBulletin boards are got rid of the copyright displayed on the index page.. no one knows how to remove it.. And also the script to remove that copyright is not published on the net.. so i think this first edit for removing that hell copyright message that wat i've found for you guyz.. And also want to tell that i've tested it, & it want effect any thing on your board not even your scheduled tasks.. Then what you are waiting for, lets do it & enjoy.

steps for removing the copyright link:

# Go to your cpanel->filemanager->plugins[forum root directory]->credits_plugins.php[Edit]
Edit : root/forum/plugins/credits_plugins.php

Find:

$vbulletin->templatecache[$displayanount] = str_replace('$cronimage', '$cronimage' . addslashes(base64_decode($vbulletin->options['credits_' . credits(array(0x64, 0x6f, 0x6e, 0x74, 0x74, 0x6f, 0x75, 0x63, 0x68))])), $vbulletin->templatecache[$displayanount]);

Replace:

/*$vbulletin->templatecache[$displayanount] = str_replace('$cronimage', '$cronimage' . addslashes(base64_decode($vbulletin->options['credits_' . credits(array(0x64, 0x6f, 0x6e, 0x74, 0x74, 0x6f, 0x75, 0x63, 0x68))])), $vbulletin->templatecache[$displayanount]);*/

OR

just make it as comment: By adding "//" on each line without inverted commas OR add "/*" at the begining and "*/" at the end.

Note:

Whoever have removed $cronimage from footer. plz replace it back to its correct position.. And this is not going to harm anything on your board.

Enjoy the Edit..
This is my first post.. If you like the post plz say thanks or reply to my post.
I need 100% appreciation from all members.

Paul Heyman

You would have to be crazy to remove $cronimage from your templates. The warning's already there!

<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

I do not recommend doing this because doing so will disable important scheduled tasks.

SupremeBoss

yes i agree with you paul heyman..

but i've finally got the trick to remove it.. without harming your board. & any of the functions.. or any scheduled tasks..
want see demo.. Visit My site. Click here

I want u guyz to replay to my post..
on your replies i'll post the working script/editing work..

Paul Heyman

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, but I viewed your source. I still don't see $cronimage. But I could be wrong...

SupremeBoss

no paul i was telling about some other script to remove it..
really i need replies from other members..
anyway i'll change this with working script..

SupremeBoss

anyone had any problems using this method?
I had confirmed the edit & posted it here. You need not to worry about this method. if u get any error or problem then pm me.
One more thing, the vb credits team is charging you 60$'s for removal of there copyright. So i don't need the money. I need your support & replies.
romie_24 said:
thanks a lot mate.working like a charm.cheers.
welcome mate.
And any of the copyrights you want to remove. And you are not able to do so. then you can pm or mail me with your problem.

indiansword

yea it just corrupted the database

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/techmafi/public_html/plugins/credits_plugins.php on line 1

CrazyFrog

This works!

Fantastic! The $cronimage DOES NOT get removed during this process.

The file edited, simply adds a new job to the cron. This little trick just removes the job of adding the ugly copyright.

Well done man

xprj

actually he is just hiding the script nothing nothing harmless... you know the code if you know html, xml, php or other web languages... great effort... it was a basic idea but who think basic rather difficult... ha ha!