Recession fear as economic growth hits zero, will new labour's open door policy continue?

Croxx

Will the UK see restrictions placed on mass immigration? The estimates are 300,000 jobs will be lost in the near future - there is no demand for extra workers..<br />
<br />
Unemployment is on the increase.<br />
<br />
http//www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/aug/23/economicgrowth.economy<br />
<br />
http//www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=12<br />
Robert D - this link might be handy <br />
<br />
http//www.guardiancockups.com/<br />

PhilipH

Well as Immigrants took the responsibility for the growth in our economy (which had nothing to do with them ) Its only fair that they now take responsibility for its decline (which again has nothing to do with them)

RobertD

Many of the extra workers that helped to bring about the economic boom of the last 20 years are about to return home.

The signs are already there that the lower paid jobs are becoming increasingly available now that foreign workers are no longer prepared to do those jobs.

Vortigern

It's CRAZY when lots of our own folks still haven't got jobs, in the long run it would be more cost-effective to train them up as some could work for 40 years as tradesmen or whatever.

Brob

Well sometimes we all need a shake up the answer here lies in ECONOMIC GROWTH AT ZERO which means the economy has stopped growing which in turn means the country as a whole will stand still and your level of life will stay the same or get worse if the economy goes into recession although there are many factors which has caused this the main one being banks investing the pound in overseas economy's which have now faltered and we will all have to pay for this like in the 80s when they had to write off huge loans to Africa causing a huge backlash here.
The last few years the Economy has been on the up which with the Eastern block poorer nations joining the EU has had them flooding here to take advantage.Of course a lot of these are now returning as there economy's have gotten stronger.The answer i am getting to is people will be more aware now of the problems that mass immigration is causing when they really start to lose their jobs and there standard of living is affected we will have to see what New Labours ideas are to combat this i get the feeling as usual they don't have any ideas left.This may just be the beginning of what we really need in this country a form of Government that will take more drastic measures to deal with our problems.

LPW

Of course it will, New Labour have no intention of helping the native working class of Britain, who have suffered the most by this government adopting an open door policy on immigration, but woe-be-tired anyone who even mentions that these new immigrants should be asked to leave the country.

But I must also add, that nearly all of the Eastern Europeans that I have come across have been polite and well mannered, something I think that we Brits should learn and take a lesson from.

RobertC

Labour's idiotic financial policies are now coming home to roost!Or should I say!Gordon Brown's financial policies are coming home to haunt them!
People like me who voted for them for nearly 50years can now see the fallacy of their poor fiscal judgement!
That is the problem when the sheep!Labour Members of Parliament are 'led by the nose' by an incompetent lack lustre political lightweight!In this case Gordon Brown
The sooner he is voted out!The better!The better for his country and His Political Party!