Ranking and page association

cicPralry

I've been using the Alexa toolbar for about 4 months, where my ranking has increased from about 5,000,000 to 280,000 but: I used to get good keyword recognition where on a google search I would rank in the first page with my keywords, now I'm not even in the first 20 pages. This seems to have happened in the last 4 weeks. Obviously the two are not connected. Can anyone shed any light? Thankyou in advance for any feedback.Groovehttp://www.incrediweb.co.ukI'm not entirely sure what your question is - are you asking why your rankings have dropped, or why your alexa ranking has improved?Lot's of answers for google stuff can be found in this forum. As for Alexa, the rankings it displays for any site under 100,000 is statistically inaccurate, so it's very possible that although you are ranked 200k-something, you might not be getting as many visitors as someone ranking at 500k and vice-versa.Yes, we have talked about some of the big changes that have happened in the last 2 months. Google has gone through 2 updates, Austin and Brandy. The Google foum will fill you in.Most people are seeing an almost pre-florida rollback after Brandy.As for Alexa ratings, please do not be fooled into thinking they mean a damn thing. They do not. They are based on who has the alexa toolbar and what sites *those* people visit. That is a very small number of people comparatively. Those rankings do not mean spit. They are completely biased and have no relation to actual traffic trends.Stick to aquiring inbound links, thats the only sure fire way to stay ahead of the game.I don't know what all that means, but Ive gotten right where I wanted to be in google results just by using the exact keywords I need. I just am hoping people whom I want to attract are typing what I think they are typing to find the service Im offering. well I spoke too soon. For some reason the google cache of my site reverted back to the original. I have no Idea why this happened, but Im extremely disappointed. Why in the wide wide world of sports did this happen? It means you were probably seeing results you liked during the rolling update fluxuations when one particular datacenters results were showing shile the main datacenter sync'd..I read something about that on the google help pages. So what does that mean? how long will it be until it gets the new info permanently?Shouldn't be too long, less than 4-5 days I would expect. I've seen my page's cached to a new version and then revert back to an old version a couple of times, but never for long so don't worry, you're on the right track. Google just takes a bit of patience...Thanks much, Ive realized that people that do web sites and search engine inclusion for a living really earn their money. You spoke about wondering what people search on and hoping they are finding your services. A good tool I use is Wordtracker, but it does cost money. ONe I also use as a quick check for Overture is http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchi ... lang=en_USType in one your search terms and then it will give you an estimated search for the last month, plus it will show you other combinations of that keyword. This is not for the whole net, only Overture.I've always wondered if there was a connection between Alexa and Google ranking systems. There were just so many differences I found it hard to comprehend ...Google Page Rank seems to have an age related component (I have come across pages with no content, no links and still have a 5 or 6 rating) is this correct?As for Alexa, I understand that they use their own toolbar for rankings, but wouldn't such a large sampling still produce acceptable results? Maybe I should try their toolbar to see if I can influence my own results!