Random Smilies - Editor Pages

mastram

Random Smilies - Editor Pages - vBulletin.org Forum

Version: 3.7.x

What is this?

I have been using vBulletin for over four years, and realized only a few days ago, that every time you'd load the newthread/newreply page, you would get some smileys in a random position, but it was always the same smileys, over and over. This is not the greatest feature for people who have uploaded hundreds of smilies (like I did) and knowing that there's only a small portion of people that would click the 'more...' link, yet see it. This is why I decided to came up with this mod which will allow board owners who have tons of smileys on their server, to always randomize the smileys displayed on their editor pages (newthread, newreply) and never get to see the same smiley again

this is a really easy modification which takes a second to install (just edit a .php file) and you're done!

Just download the attachment below

SDJ

Works alright, but one question left. Is there a way to leave the firts 10 smilies fixed and the rest at random?

I've seperate groups of smilies divided in generic smilies and extra added smilies. I'd like to have the generic smilies,like 10 or so, to stay fixed and the rest of the smilies at random.