Random photopost images in forumhome?

vbuser49

I'm using photopost 6.01 with VB 3.72. I've seen sites with random photopost images displayed under the navbar. I've looked for this modification as it doesn't appear to be part of photopost. I found this modification photopost pro random image block Is it the one that does it? Does anyone have it? Thanks.

vbuser49

Bump. These thumbnails usually appear under the title of "featured photos". This is the last hack I need to finish my site, please help.

xorton

I think its not photopost hack but here it is.
Latest Album Pictures - Forum Home

It shows the pictures added to the albums on the main page. It shows only the public mentioned files. If not shows the reasons are: vbulletin settings show albums must be enabled.

The user grup that owns the pictures must be enabled show picture setting. Or there is no picture to show.

You can show the pictures in 4 different sections: Navbar Bellow, Forums Above, Forums Below, Whois Online Below

Additionally you can slect the number of pictures that can be shown.

Hope it works for you as I like it very much.

Mark as Installed - Nominate for MOTM

Demo

AtaBB Community AtaBB Forum

install

Go to your admin cp, then:
Plugin System -> Manage Products -> [Add/Import Product] -> Select 'product-afm.xml' from your computer then press 'Import'

Modifications Info

Plugin : 2
Phrases : 12
Template : 2
Setting : 3
Query : 1 Query

Latest Posts Setting

Go to your admin cp, then:
vBulletin Options -> Latest Album Picture - Forum Home ->

Versions:
v1.0 - 28 March 2008
-First release

v1.1 - 29 March 2008
- collapsible box
- Display type "random, latest"

v1.2 - 29 March 2008
- collapsible box on/off options

v1.3 - 01 April 2008
- Small (template and phrase) change

vbuser49

Thank you. I tried it and it's not for photopost. It appears to be for albums created directly with the VB software. I've done a lot of searching and it's interesting how well hidden this feature is. There are references to it all over the place but nothing concrete. At least I verified that it does actually exist. The photopost people say they will install it if their installation service is used.

The simplest component of this hack is adding the following line in forumhome under $navbar
$photopostfeature

But apart from this there's some code editing and maybe importing the hack in my first post. It's really strange that so many sites use it but the hack is not available like other ones are. At this point I'd buy it but I can't without buying the photopost software and installation too.

vbuser49

Haha I figured it out!

It's really simple once you know how to do it and I don't know if you can even call it a hack. The information however is well hidden to the point that it isn't any coincidence. Every post dealing specifically with this is not available for viewing. All there is is allusions to the feature but no concrete directions. I was able to piece it together from cached google pages and references to other features that install in a similar way. Anyways here's how to do it for whoever's interested.

This is working with VB 3.72 and Photopost Pro 6.01

VB styles and templates --> choose your template --> edit templates --> FORUMHOME

Under $navbar add $photopostfeature:
$header
$navbar
$photopostfeature

Save.

In the VB forum index.php file find:

require_once('./global.php');
require_once('./includes/functions_bigthree.php');
require_once('./includes/functions_forumlist.php');

Under it add:

require_once('./global.php');
require_once('./includes/functions_bigthree.php');
require_once('./includes/functions_forumlist.php');
include('../photopost/inc_features.php');
include('../photopost/inc_photopost.php');

That's it, the strip of thumbnails will pop up on the forum home page under the title featured photos.

There's a little more editing to be done to the inc_features.php file if you have the photopost database separate from the VB database.

vbuser49

The instructions are in the inc_features file itself near the top. It involves uncommenting the necessary lines and substituting the correct database. Uncommenting is simply removing the character in front of the line.

satelrom

Ok, here is the situation: I have vb3.6,and vBadvanced CMPS, I did the settings from above including the inc-features.php, I didn't get any error but is not displyng the photos on the home page . The inc-features.php is correctly edited because when I change the username for database I got the error : '[email protected] access denied. Any advice will be highly appreciated
thx

vbuser49

If you have PhotoPost and vB in different databases, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the script and uncomment the mysql_select_db() command (on line 26) and insert your vB database name and uncomment the mysql_select_db on line 310 and add your vB3 database in quotes.

satelrom

I have photopost 6.01, and I did those "mysql_select_db() command (on line 26) and insert your vB database name and uncomment the mysql_select_db on line 310 and add your vB3 database in quotes. "
thx

zoics

tried what xorton wrote. it works great but from what i saw it's not photopost. has anyone the v6 version. even not nulled?