Rainbow (Multicolour) Username for Usergroups

MobileHacks

Info:
  • Rainbow effect (Multicolour) for Usernames

This simple hack enables to display usernames for any usergroup in random multicolour (rainbow) effect.

Having searched for the same effect for my board unsuccessfully where most of the modifications were for BBCodes, I came up with my own and though of sharing.

Please note that since it is based on pure HTML and JavaScript and in no way uses any BBcode of VB function/hooks, this is compatible with all versions of vBulletin.

Installation:
Time Required: 2 minutes

1. FTP rainbow.js to clientscript directory on your server in ASCII mode

2. Open headinclude template and add the following code at any reasonable place:
PHP:
<script type="text/javascript" src="$vboptions[bburl]/clientscript/rainbow.js"></script>
3. Open footer template and add the following code at the bottom:
PHP:
<!-- rainbow text initialize -->
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!--
rain();
//  End -->
</script>
<!-- rainbow text end -->
4. Open the Usergroup Manager throug ACP and edit the desired user group.

5. Put start tag as:
PHP:
<span class="rainbow">
6. Change the end tag to be:
PHP:
</span>
You're Done! Enjoy!!

Versions:
v1.0 - 10 February 2009
- Rainbow text effect for usernames

A Note: If you are using vbshout.. the effect will not show in the AJAX area. However, it will still display the usernames in the AJAX area and the rainbow effect will be available in shoutbox archive.

Added & hidden bonus is that you can use this hack anywhere where you can use HTML code.. in almost any area you can think of!

code_87

where can i find the headinclude template, footer template and the Usergroup Manager - im noob on making my own forum, pls help me? :(

pandusetiawan

I've install this mod, but all i got is "undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined" in rainbow colored (screenshot below).

3692779f49354a8eb1b06fda429edf106cfbd1b.jpg

Anybody can help me plzz...thx in advanced.

shashi24

i guess !!! in vbulletin.org the code has been corrected !!!!so somebody !!! give us the re-corrected code please thanx