Questions about Resume ?

imgidget1958

I've been submitting resumes for Property Management. My background is real estate. My experience matches the job qualifications. I have submitted approx 8 resumes over the last 3 weeks...not one call for interview. <br />
My dilemma is... by default my position is one of dislike for many folks now a days, either they were fast talked into purchasing a home they couldn't afford or were stung in some other fashion. Lots of people just do not like Realtors.<br />
After reviewing everything on my resume, the fact that I hold a valid real estate license is what's hurting my chances (I think) possible the hr person may think "well when the market changes she'll be gone from here" which is not true.<br />
I've been a Realtor for some time now and frankly I'm done with it. So how to convey on my resume that real estate sales is behind me? and that I am ready to transition into something new. <br />
I'm actually starting to get downtrodden about this job issue. I'm articulate, personable, catch on quickly, dress nice, know many software programs etc., etc.<br />
I see many many positions on the popular websites for jobs, lots of them have been on the board for a long time and some have even been 're-posted' whats really going on? is the job market as bad as I'm getting the feeling it is?<br />
Hey thanks everyone for all your answers!<br />
@ Jack - Yes we do ... as much as possible provide very needed services.<br />
I wish everyone had your mindset. I'm in Southern California - and well have encounted a few folks who made their feelings known. Thankfully not about my service just agents in general. <br />
@AngelWhyAngel - I have been considering a resume writing service, I may try it.<br />
Hummm... I just noticed 'thumbs down' icons in place. What's that about? I think everyone gave great answers!<br />

I cannot imagine that holding a Real Estate license would detract from your job chances in Property Management. You can always leave this off or not state it exactly on your resume. Talk up your experience that relates to property management without putting down that you were in sales.

Actually realtors perform a very useful contribution to the seller and buyer.

I don't think your real estate background has much to do with your not getting the job. It's more the fact that the job market is so tight and potential employers have so many resumes to look at they can be as picky as they want. I have been trying to get a different job for over a year and I can't get an interview! You must just keep trying and if you don't get a call back then move on to the next one. Good Luck!

angelwhyangel

I used this resume writing service in my area, this is the email address, ([email protected]) you should try them, it only cost me $35.00 and I got a great job from this new resume, I never thought about the format that they use but the turn around time was less then 24 hrs. I would have to say it was the best service I have ever used and it was worth every dime. Also they let me pay through paypal.