Problem with the resources usage of some mods

Itsuki Minami

Well i was getting db disconnection, so I emailed my host, they cheked up and seems like the shoutbox (cchatbox) is using nearly 60% of the cpu resources of the host, it's a problem that even if i was in a paid host i will have to solve so i'm open to suggestions, also vbseo is consuming high resources, every suggestion or solution i will look forward to it, maybe someone got the same problem as me, cya later and thanks in advance

Itsuki Minami said:
Well i was getting db disconnection, so I emailed my host, they cheked up and seems like the shoutbox (cchatbox) is using nearly 60% of the cpu resources of the host, it's a problem that even if i was in a paid host i will have to solve so i'm open to suggestions, also vbseo is consuming high resources, every suggestion or solution i will look forward to it, maybe someone got the same problem as me, cya later and thanks in advance

If your chatbox is on all pages you can move it to just ForumHome, or even create a vB page and put it there and link it in the Navbar. The biggest problem is the queries when the page it's on gets loaded.

You can enable debug mode and see how many queries it does, then cache these queries. Also the hack "Plugin Based Template Cache" helps by caching your templates in the file system.

With vBSEO there's a few settings that add 2 and 1 queries such as Anchor Text Previous & Next at the bottom of posts, go over all your settings and disable the ones that add additional queries. These setting help with SEO but you can live without them.