problem with arcade

matrixthestar

i got a problem with ibpro arcade
when i click the arcade link in navbar

i recieved a vBulletin Message

Invalid Page Specified

Grinderhand

I think I see the problem now. "genmedw" is a PHPBB code, is it not? And Aero is a popular PHPBB skin. I'm confused as to whether you're using PHPBB or vBulletin?

Grinderhand

This Aero?

If you're using the code you gave me, that's the problem. Aerohead code for the navbar buttons are in the header template and the code would look like this:

Code:
<li class="nav-button"><a href="arcade.php">Arcade</a>

IDK where you got the genmedw stuff from, but that's not vBulletin, it's PHPBB.

Blagger

Can you actually access your arcade using the browser ?

Have you actually installed the arcade in the correct part of your forum root ?

If its not in the root then you cant use the link eg123.com/forum/arcade.php?

you must use the eg123.com/forum/*WhereYourArcadeISFolder*/arcade.php?

Grinderhand

IDK, I can't get through to the guy and he seems reluctant to tell where he got the skin. He doesn't stay around long enough to engage and provide any answers. Oh well...

matrixthestar

sorry
i had an exam yesterday
and i was away... sorry again
@grinderhand
the style
is the one shown in the link
it called aero
that's all what i know
@blagger
it's installed
and the link to the arcade
is
Eg123/forum/arcade.php

Grinderhand

Can you post your navbar template then if you don't know where the skin came from? That would be a big help, assumming your navbar links are there.

matrixthestar

<!-- nav buttons bar -->
<td><a class="genmedw" href="arcade.php">EG123 Games</a></td>
<td><a class="genmedw" href="faq.php" accesskey="5">FAQ</a></td>
<td><a class="genmedw" href="calendar.php">Calendar</a></td>
<td><a class="genmedw" href="search.php?do=getdaily" accesskey="2">New Posts</a></td>
<td id="navbar_search"><a class="genmedw" href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></if></td>

<if condition="$show['member']">
<td><a class="genmedw" href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout&logouthash=$bbuserinfo[logouthash]" onclick="return log_out('$vbphrase[sure_you_want_to_log_out]')">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>
</if>
<!-- / nav buttons bar -->

do u mean this.............

Grinderhand

Yes, that would be it. This must be a port from a PHPBB skin just from looking at the code. I assume you can access the arcade.php file but putting that into your browser (I cannot probably because I'm not registered). If that is the case, let us try this for your code:

Code:
<td><a class="genmedw" href="http://www.eg123.com/forum/arcade.php">EG123 Games</a></td>

Try that and see what it does for you.

Grinderhand

Ok, I assume you're a member of this site. If you put the URL from the code into your browser, you get the same message, correct?

Grinderhand

I just tried to access http:// www.eg123.com /forum/arcade/index.html and got a 404 from Hostgator, so I can only assume that either the arcade was not installed OR was installed incorrectly. Are you the admin of this site with cPanel (or whatver Hostgator uses) access to a file manager? Can you verify that /forum/arcade.php exists?