Positioning an opaque background w/ text.

liunx

Please help me set up this opaque background. I have an opaque background "opaque1" that I want to place under the "address" div so that both of them are partially hovering over a background picture. How do I properly set this up? Here is what I have so far for that part of my CSS:

#opaque {
background-image: url(opaque1);
top: 120px;
left: 60%;}
#address {
position: absolute;
left: 60%;
border-style:solid;
border-color:#000000;
border-width: 4px;
padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#address a:hover {color:#820010;}
#address a:visited {color:#820010;}

Should I place the opaque and address div in the same exact place? Do I need to add more to the opaque commands to make the image show? Here are the divisions:

<div id="opaque">

</div>

<div id="address">
<h5>Celluloid Heroes
<br/> 217 E. Alameda Ave. Suite 202
<br/> Burbank CA 91502
<br/>Phone 818-557-1644 Fax 818-557-1377
<br/><a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]" style="text-decoration:none">[email protected]</a>
</div>

What do I put in the opaque div to show the image? The image is not showing on the page. Thanks for the help.Make opaque1 image the background of #addressAm I doing something wrong? I put the background image in #address but it is still not working. Here is the code:

#address {
position: absolute;
left: 60%;
border-style:solid;
border-color:#000000;
border-width: 4px;
padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px;
background-image: url(opaque1);}
#address a:hover {color:#820010;}
#address a:visited {color:#820010;}

Please help out. Thanks.Did you see my example for you in the other thread?Have you added ".gif" to the image name in your real code? Sometimes the error is something really simple.