Point+Click CMS ideas

liunx

Hi there.<br /><br />I am about to start on full development of my point+click CMS. The core technology is there (PHPQuery for backend-frontend interaction, and my own Flat File RDB for data storage) to build it with.<br /><br />How it will work is that you (designer) will have a number of "keywords" in your page.. or rather there will be a number of specifically-named items in your page which will be filled by the PHP.<br /><br />Say I want to put a content blocki n my page, it would go something like this:<br /><!--c1-->CODE<!--ec1--><div id="content"><br />    <div class="contentblock"><br />        <h3 class="contentblock-title">Some headline</h3><br />        <p class="contentblock-text">the main story</p><br />    </div><br /></div><!--c2--><!--ec2--><br />The code would then read that, and replace "Some headline" and "the main story" with the relevant data in each case.<br /><br />Not very powerful, I know. BUT, there are a number of features:<br />1 : if you put more than one contentblock in the same #content, then these blocks will be used sequentially (eg 1 2 1 2 ...).<br />2 : if you put an id of "first" in a contentblock, it will only be used for the first element, eg (#first 1 1 1)<br />2a: a similar thing with last<br />4 : you can specify the fields yourself (so title and text is just one configuration). If you want an "image" field, then you can make that happen easily.<br />5: all text-based fields (and <i>possibly</i> other fields) are editable with an inline wysiwyg editor<br /><br />You might have to see it to understand, but at this stage it is all speculation.<br /> <br />Anyway, developing software is no easy task, so I want you to fill in the poll in what you think is most important to get working first.<!--content-->