Place Banner With Javascript?

liunx

Hi everyone<br /><br />I am running a blog that uses xhtml and style sheets to generate templates. I have about 10 templates that I would like to switch to and from. I want to add a banner on the bottom of the page, but I cannot figure out how to do it correctly.<br /><br />If I add it to the footer templates, before the </body> tag, it does not always come out correctly. Sometimes it the banner ends up in the 3rd column over to the right, sometimes the banner is obscured by the body of the main column.<br /><br />I am trying to find a way to forcefully push the banner to the bottom of the page, below all of the text that is generated. I was thinking that perhaps javascript could be used to force a banner underneath, but I am not too familiar with the sort of code that is in my blog.<br /><br />any ideas?<br /><br />thanks<br /><br />Roy<!--content-->
Without seeing your pages I am guessing that you are using CSS for layout.<br /><br />So here is a suggestion to try. Just above your footer code which has to come before the </body> tag add this.<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><br clear="all" /><!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />Then add your footer code.<br /><br />Or if that doesn't work try this. <br /><br />Add this to your CSS style sheet.<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->#clearer {<br />    height: 0;<br />    clear: both;<br />}<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />And then this to your page before the footer.<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><div id="clearer"> </div><!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--content-->